About this Training Course
This 5 half-day course is presented in an adult learning format with focus on discussions, exercises and activities using highly interactive PowerPoints and course materials. The course includes problem solving, design calculations, remaining life assessment, rate of corrosion and related areas. The design of this course is based on the current Body of Knowledge (BOK) published by API for the certification exams. The course will provide a strong overview of piping and pipeline systems, components, basic design, inspection and maintenance practices.
The course serves the following overall learning objectives:
- In-service inspection of piping systems as per API 570
- Inspection practices as per API 574.
- Application of ASME B 31.3, ASME sec IX, ASME sec V, ASME B 16.5 standards.
- Learn damage mechanisms affecting piping assets as per API 571.
- Learn to apply repair methods as pe ASME PCC 2.
- Pressure relieving devices inspection and upkeep as per API 576.
- Controlling material mix up as per API 578
Plant personnel handling piping and pipeline assets, inspection, maintenance and operations professionals are encouraged to attend this course.
Your Expert Trainer has over 30 years of experience with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd in operations, engineering & management (1984-2014) in various facilities such as lube oil blending plants, liquid storage terminals, process plant of COLAS SA of France JVC & in mechanical engineering maintenance functions & asset integrity management.
- Experienced as Operations Manager leading plant operations & engineering teams at a major lube oil blending plant manufacturing 80 grades of lubricants, packaged in 32 types of packages, made available at 18 depots in Southern India. Orchestrated the complex supply chain and improved profitability and delivery performance of the plant. Imparted technical training in best practices to field staff in managing assets, safety & profitability. Well versed with storage tanks, piping, related codes and standards, work permit systems & management of works in confined space, etc. (2007-2014).
- Experienced as Terminal Manager, leading port terminal operations management at Cochin, India, guiding the operations and engineering teams to excel in performance and upkeep of large tankages, 6 km long pipeline from jetty to terminal, ensured asset integrity and augmented facilities to enhance performance and profitability of the business unit. Managed all aspects of the business performance of the unit, trade unions, and customer service levels, costal movements of cargo, emergency management and compliance in the state of Kerala, India. (2004-2007).
- Head Engineering & Projects, leading multi-disciplinary project teams for timely completion of retail projects in the Belgaum region, Karnataka state. Managed concurrent projects at multiple sites and contributed for the volume growths in this region.(2003-2004)
- Experienced as Plant manager with Hindustan COLAS Ltd (JVC of COLAS SA of France), manufacturing of bitumen emulsions, modified bitumen, managed the whole unit for profitability and performance, upkeep of plant facilities, expansion & augmentation project activities, introduced new products and gave a new direction to the company reduced operating costs significantly that resulted in increased margins for packed products. (2001-2003).
- Prior experience with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd in Plant engineering, start up, maintenance of static assets, inspection, of pressure vessels, pumps, piping, storage tanks, loading rack facilities, siding, jetty facilities, major turnaround overhauls, reputed in the company as an expert in storage tanks. (1984- 2001)
Training programs delivered in the last 2 years:
- Designed training modules for SGS & online modules for a leading university on risk based inspection. (Jan 2017)
- Delivered training program for Ingerem India Projects ltd for their client, induction program for newly joined professionals based on their operations and maintenance manuals, giving them an overview of Oil & Gas industry and mechanical equipment’s. (August 2016 )
- Designed training modules for TOTAL Oil India Pvt Ltd Lubricants division for their sales force teams in advanced selling skills & strategy and delivered four training programs pan India. (March – July 2016).
- API 653 storage tank inspector certification course & risk based inspection certification courses at India. (Feb 2016).
- Risk based inspection, API 580 course for ESL. (Nov 2015)
- Refinery corrosion & damage mechanisms & API 571 exam preparatory course for HMEL, Bhatinda refinery, INDIA.(July 2015)
- Manual & Automated process control for plant personnel, 5 days at Dubai for client Kuwait Oil Co. (June 2015)
- Instrument for non-instrument for client: QAPCO at Doha (May 2015)
- Design, construction & maintenance of plant piping, 5 days for TUV Nord Middle East, client: Qatar Petroleum at Doha (May 2015)
- Codes & standards, 5 days for Client: QAPCO at Doha (April 2015)
- Preventive maintenance & condition monitoring, 10 days at Dubai for TUV Nord Middle East, client: Kuwait Oil Company (April 2015)
- Overview of API inspection codes, maintenance of static assets for Client: Exxon Mobil, 12 days at Dubai (Jan 2015).
- Maintenance, Codes & standards for client: Exxon Mobil, 12 days at Dubai. (Dec 2014).
- In-service inspection of plant piping & storage tanks, client: Protecna, Mozambique at Dubai for 10 days (Dec 2014).
- API 580 & Risk based inspection, 3 days for Cairn energy (Nov 2014).
- Conducted training programs in warehouse management, Oracle JD Edwards manufacturing modules, induction program for newly joined officers at Hindustan Petroleum plants.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.