About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This 2-half-day Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course will discuss the chemical aspects of the water-steam cycle in a power plant. The VILT course will examine the different types of chemicals used in boilers, potential issues in a water-steam cycle as well as aspects of monitoring and specifications regarding target values and alarm levels. Participants will also be equipped on what to do or key action steps to take in the event of chemistry-related incidents.
This course is delivered in partnership with ENGIE Laborelec.
The VILT course will cover the following:
- Detailed aspects of chemistry in a water steam cycle, including types of chemicals used in boilers depending on the treatment and type of boiler
- Potential issues in a water-steam cycle such as corrosion and deposition
- Monitoring & analytical programmes and knowledge of specifications for the water steam cycle (normal values targets – alarm levels)
- Chemistry aspects during transition periods: start-up, shutdown and preservation
- Actions to be taken in the event of an alarm
- Examples of incidents or deviations compared to normal chemistry
The VILT course is intended for:
- Power plant chemists
- Plant operation or maintenance engineers
- Consultants and technical project managers
- Boiler engineers
- Basic or Foundation
The VILT course will be delivered online in 2 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 x 10 minutes break per day, including time for lectures, discussion, quizzes and short classroom exercises.
Course Duration: 2 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (8 hours in total).
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.