|Code||Date||Venue||Early Bird Fee||Fee|
|PD591||05 - 08 Apr 2021||Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)||SGD 2,899||SGD 3,099||Remind me of Course Dates|
|PD591||05 - 08 Apr 2021||Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)||USD 2,299||USD 2,499||Remind me of Course Dates|
Date05 - 08 Apr 2021
VenueVirtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
Early Bird FeeSGD 2,899
Date05 - 08 Apr 2021
VenueVirtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
Early Bird FeeUSD 2,299
About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VIL
Despite the falling oil prices, the demand for both LPG and LNG has been growing at a steady pace in Asia. There is a sharp increase in the number of LPG tankers as compared to LNG Tankers trading from GOM, M-E to Asian routes. The focus is now on use of LPG vessels specific Charter Party Agreements, to avoid the ambiguity of dormant clauses when adopting commonly used Charter Party Forms for Oil Tankers.
This VILT is exclusively developed and regularly updated “by and for” the professionals, engaged in niche segments of LPG Tankers (Ship Owners, Charterers, Terminal Operators and Brokers) for LPG related cargoes. Whether freight rates are high or inadequate to meet daily running costs of a vessel, the terms of engagement or the Charterparty must be reviewed microscopically. One has to ensure that all risks are well apportioned and appropriately mitigated. The number of intermediaries and multi-party transactions impose new and unknown risks for LPG Tanker Owners and Stakeholders in the Value Chain.
In this VILT, the participants will be able to share and acquire new expertise from real life experiences, enabling them to deal better with the contemporary challenges facing gas export, import and transportation by LPG Tankers.
This VILT is developed to meet the need of the hour for the LPG Gas Tankers and Terminals operators’ fraternity, encompassing the following underlying objectives:
- Enhance the interpretation and applicability of clauses in a Charterparty in context of the available commercial proposition, market forces and economics of demand and supply;
- Edit relevant and most appropriate type of Charterparty Form for Voyage and Time Charter and comprehend the key features of each Form in context of its use for LPG;
- Interpret terms and conditions of a Charterparty in context of international maritime conventions, competition and economic factors;
- Incorporate influencing attributes of current and future trends in LPG transportation and the influence of regulatory regimes and strategies of Oil & Gas Majors, Spot Traders and Storage Terminals;
- Recognize the avenues of collaboration, contentions, conflicts and manage disputes to avoid losses;
- Manage operations towards ensuring delivery of performance obligations under the Charterparty; and
- Create a Charterparty Management System (CMS) in the company to ensure profitability for each voyage and duration of charter.
Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the VILT and hands-on workshops based on real life cases, the delegates would have enhanced their knowledge base and be able to:
- Restructure the Charter party agreements with alternative clauses to avoid pitfalls and surprises during execution;
- Evaluate impact of uncertainties and identify undefined parameters with cost considerations;
- Appraise potential risks in Bill of Ladings and develop risk mitigation strategies;
- Enhanced consciousness about the rider clauses and commercial impact of each such addition;
- Ability to deal with breakdowns, contaminations and delays in an appropriate and timely manner, with an objective of avoiding loss of time and deviations, from the desired monetary projections;
- Recognize the appropriate Standard Form to be used for each type of assignment; and
- Manage contentious situations through alternative dispute resolution channels and litigation effectively.
This is a “must attend” VILT for:
LPG Gas trader, Tanker Owner, Charterer, Broker, Terminal Operator and holding key management position as Director, General Manager, Commercial Manager, Business Development Manager, Legal Counsel, Post-Fixtures Manager, Fleet Manager, Marine & Technical Superintendent, Senior Engineer or Middle Level Manager marked for succession planning.
Your course leader is a practising Chartered Arbitrator and Principal Management Consultant. He specialises in the fields of corporate management consultancy, international contracts reviews and Alternative Dispute Resolutions. Over a 43-year period, he has worked and consulted in the industry verticals encompassing, Oil & Gas majors, EPCIC Contractors, Construction Projects, Shipping, Logistics & Warehousing, and international shipyards. He has also worked as a consultant to the Infrastructure Development Projects, Oil & Gas Pipe Laying Contracts, Ports, Offshore Supply Bases, Shipyards and Owners of Oil & Gas Tankers, Dry Bulkers, Drill Ships, OSVs and FPSO’s.
His consulting expertise traverses through Business Process Re-engineering, Diversifications, Corporate Development, Project Management, Feasibility Studies, Dispute Resolutions and Market Research. He has been engaged for strategic planning, including assignments like due
diligence, resolving various operational issues, consortium contracts reviews, cost controls, project management matters and enhancement of procurement and supply chain management systems. He has successfully assisted offshore E & P clients in managing disputes arising from various international EPCIC projects, contracts for rig building, ships upgrading & conversion projects. He continues to be actively engaged in claims reviews, adjudication, mediation, arbitration, litigation and expert witness related assignments, arising from international construction contracts and Charterparty Agreements.
He has held positions of General Manager and Consultant with major Shipyards and Managing Director, General Manager and Senior Manager, with the companies from construction industry, heavy engineering fabrications, and marine & offshore services sectors. He was responsible for
the projects related to the works on Offshore Vessels refurbishment, FPSO Conversions, Gas Tanker Repairs, Process Modules engineering, Lateral Gas and Oil Pipelines’ and other (EPCIC) construction related works. He has developed special methodologies for managing CMGD (Complex, Multiple, Geographically Dispersed) projects.
He graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, MBA in General Management, Master of Technology in Knowledge Engineering and Master of Science in Maritime Studies. He holds professional qualifications in arbitration law, contract law and marine engineering, including the Chief Engineer’s First Class Certificate of Competency. He is currently engaged in the field of intellectual property, trademarks, copyrights and patents protection related studies and investments treaty related matters.
He is ‘Fellow’, Asian Institute of ADR (‘FAIADR’); Member, Maritime Law Association of Singapore, Fellow, Hong Kong Institute of Directors (FHKIoD) and Member, Singapore Institute of Directors (M.S.I.D.) He is also a Member of Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN), USA and several other international organizations.
He regularly undertakes appointments as Arbitrator for resolving international disputes. He is admitted to the panel of arbitrators with ACICA & AMTAC, Sydney, Australia; AIAC, Malaysia; DIAC, Dubai, (UAE); KCAB, Korea; SCCA, Saudi Arabia; SCMA, Singapore; HKIAC, Hong Kong; VIAC, Vienna, Austria; ICA, Delhi, India; WIPO Arbitration & Mediation Centre; and Past Member, ICCA, PCA Hague, Netherlands, LCIA, London. He is also an empaneled Adjudicator and Mediator with AIAC, Malaysia and Accredited Mediator of CMC, Ministry of Law, Singapore.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
This training course exceeded my expectations. The course leader is very effective and answers our questions in a simple and easy-to- understand manner. One word, ‘Superb’.
Marine Captain, Sarawak Shell
The course has been made successful specifically because of the experience, knowledge, and patience of the trainer.
Group Legal Counsel, Amsbach Marine Singapore
The course leader is a good consultant and very professional and knowledgeable, he raised my interest in knowing more about maritime laws.
Senior Buyer, Bibby Offshore
Superb presentation by the trainer. Definitely a Guru!
Head of Marine Audit, Icon Offshore
Knowledgeable and experienced trainer. A very practical approach to understanding OSV chartering & CP Management.