Learn in teams and save more! Enjoy group discounts of up to 50% off normal fees for team based learning. Contact us on email@example.com to learn more today!
About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VIL
Despite the falling oil prices, the demand for both LPG and LNG has been growing at a steady pace in Asia. There is a sharp increase in the number of LPG tankers as compared to LNG Tankers trading from GOM, M-E to Asian routes. The focus is now on use of LPG vessels specific Charter Party Agreements, to avoid the ambiguity of dormant clauses when adopting commonly used Charter Party Forms for Oil Tankers.
This VILT is exclusively developed and regularly updated “by and for” the professionals, engaged in niche segments of LPG Tankers (Ship Owners, Charterers, Terminal Operators and Brokers) for LPG related cargoes. Whether freight rates are high or inadequate to meet daily running costs of a vessel, the terms of engagement or the Charterparty must be reviewed microscopically. One has to ensure that all risks are well apportioned and appropriately mitigated. The number of intermediaries and multi-party transactions impose new and unknown risks for LPG Tanker Owners and Stakeholders in the Value Chain.
In this VILT, the participants will be able to share and acquire new expertise from real life experiences, enabling them to deal better with the contemporary challenges facing gas export, import and transportation by LPG Tankers.
This VILT is developed to meet the need of the hour for the LPG Gas Tankers and Terminals operators’ fraternity, encompassing the following underlying objectives:
- Enhance the interpretation and applicability of clauses in a Charterparty in context of the available commercial proposition, market forces and economics of demand and supply;
- Edit relevant and most appropriate type of Charterparty Form for Voyage and Time Charter and comprehend the key features of each Form in context of its use for LPG;
- Interpret terms and conditions of a Charterparty in context of international maritime conventions, competition and economic factors;
- Incorporate influencing attributes of current and future trends in LPG transportation and the influence of regulatory regimes and strategies of Oil & Gas Majors, Spot Traders and Storage Terminals;
- Recognize the avenues of collaboration, contentions, conflicts and manage disputes to avoid losses;
- Manage operations towards ensuring delivery of performance obligations under the Charterparty; and
- Create a Charterparty Management System (CMS) in the company to ensure profitability for each voyage and duration of charter.
Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the VILT and hands-on workshops based on real life cases, the delegates would have enhanced their knowledge base and be able to:
- Restructure the Charter party agreements with alternative clauses to avoid pitfalls and surprises during execution;
- Evaluate impact of uncertainties and identify undefined parameters with cost considerations;
- Appraise potential risks in Bill of Ladings and develop risk mitigation strategies;
- Enhanced consciousness about the rider clauses and commercial impact of each such addition;
- Ability to deal with breakdowns, contaminations and delays in an appropriate and timely manner, with an objective of avoiding loss of time and deviations, from the desired monetary projections;
- Recognize the appropriate Standard Form to be used for each type of assignment; and
- Manage contentious situations through alternative dispute resolution channels and litigation effectively.
This is a “must attend” VILT for:
LPG Gas trader, Tanker Owner, Charterer, Broker, Terminal Operator and holding key management position as Director, General Manager, Commercial Manager, Business Development Manager, Legal Counsel, Post-Fixtures Manager, Fleet Manager, Marine & Technical Superintendent, Senior Engineer or Middle Level Manager marked for succession planning.
Your course leader during the last 45 year period, has worked and consulted in the industry verticals encompassing: Marine, Shipping & Transport, Technology, Oil & Gas Exploration & Production, Petrochemical Process Plants and Power Plant Construction Projects, Logistics & Warehousing, Offshore, Oil & Gas Pipelines, Infrastructure Development Projects (Construction, Ports, Offshore Supply Bases, Oil & Gas Terminals and Airports etcetera), EPCIC Contracts, and Shipyards, in South East Asia, Africa, Middle East, Americas and Europe.
He is a Principal Management Consultant in a consulting company in Hong Kong and Singapore, specialising in the fields of corporate management consultancy, international contracts reviews and alternative dispute resolutions services. He has been frequently engaged for assignments like due diligence, acquisitions, and mergers. The assignments often involved resolving various operational issues, contracts reviews, cost controls, project management matters and enhancement of international procurement and Supply Chain Management systems.
He continues to be actively engaged in advisory services for Remuneration, Audit and Risk Management Committees of public companies as well as MNCs. Jayems has developed a special initiative for conducting audits of ERM Systems (Enterprise Risk Management) and valuation of intangible properties involving proprietary processes (IP), licensed production and intellectual property rights.
He graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, MBA in General Management, Master of Technology in Knowledge Engineering, Master of Science in Maritime Studies and LL.M. (IP Law). He also holds professional qualifications in arbitration, contracts laws, and marine engineering, including the Chief Engineer’s First-Class Certificate of Competency (DOT, UK). He has been Associate, SIM University (SUSS) Singapore and taught on subjects including Business Continuity Planning and Risk Management.
He has served as Director and member of Board of Management, Governance Councils and Risk Management Committees of international organizations. He is admitted to various professional institutions as: ‘Fellow’, Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (FACICA); Asian Institute of ADR (FAIADR), Malaysia; Hong Kong Institute of Directors (FHKIoD), Member, Singapore Institute of Directors (M.S.I.D.), and Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN) USA.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
PetroEdge is really a great platform to continue professional development in maritime and shipping
Chartering and Operation, Atro International FZE, UAE
This training course exceeded my expectations. The course leader is very effective and answers our questions in a simple and easy-to- understand manner. One word, ‘Superb’.
Marine Captain, Sarawak Shell
The course has been made successful specifically because of the experience, knowledge, and patience of the trainer.
Group Legal Counsel, Amsbach Marine Singapore
The course leader is a good consultant and very professional and knowledgeable, he raised my interest in knowing more about maritime laws.
Senior Buyer, Bibby Offshore
Superb presentation by the trainer. Definitely a Guru!
Head of Marine Audit, Icon Offshore
Knowledgeable and experienced trainer. A very practical approach to understanding OSV chartering & CP Management.