About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
The course is generally applicable to anyone who would like to understand more about coal. This course is designed to be particularly accessible to young professionals, and those who may already have a different background, and wish to understand more about this important international resource.
- Understand the historical development of coal and the peculiarities of the South East Asian scene relative to the international experience
- Understand the key parameters that make or break a coal project
- Learn the essential science behind coal
- Understand the relationship between water and gas in coal and the implications
- Understand mining methods, and why one type may be more suitable than another
- Comprehend the practicalities of material handling with coal, and the holistic pit to port (mine to harbour) system
- Learn what greenhouse emissions and a warming world would mean for the coal industry
- Comprehend the differences between resources and reserves and the requirements to move resources to reserves
- Understand the basic economic drivers behind coal projects
- Learn how to undertake due diligence on a coal project
- Participate in practical discussions and exercises that enhance practical understanding
- Mining engineers
- Potential investors in coal projects
- Financial analysts
The VILT will be delivered online in 5 sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day, including time for lectures, discussion, quizzes and short classroom exercises.
Additionally, some self-study will be requested. Participants are invited but not obliged to bring a short presentation (10 mins max) on a practical problem they encountered in their work. This will then be explained and discussed during the VILT. A short test or quiz will be held at the end the course.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.