About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This course will cover all aspects of combined cycle power plants. All the equipment of combined cycle power plants such as compressors, gas and steam turbines, combustors, heat recovery steam generators (HRSG), deaerators, condensers, lubricating systems, instrumentation, control systems, transformers, and generators will be covered in detail.
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Computer Simulation: Gain a thorough understanding of computer simulation of gas turbines and combined cycle power plants
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Equipment and Systems: Learn about all equipment and subsystems of the various types of combined cycle power generating plants such as compressors, combustors, gas turbines, heat recovery steam generators (HRSG), steam turbines, condensers, deaerators, feedwater heaters, transformers, generators and auxiliaries
- Combined Cycle Power Plants Economics: Examine the advantages, applications, performance and economics of combined cycle power plants
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Maintenance: Learn all the maintenance activities required for combined cycle power plants including maintenance and refurbishment of gas turbines, compressors, steam turbines, combustors, heat recovery steam generators (HRSG), transformers and generators to minimize their operating cost and maximize their efficiency, reliability and longevity
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Environmental Emissions: Learn about the monitoring and control of environmental emissions
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Instrumentation and Control Systems: Learn about the latest instrumentation and control system of gas turbines and combined cycle power plants
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Reliability and Testing: Increase your knowledge of combined cycle power plant predictive and preventive maintenance, reliability and testing
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Selection and Applications: Gain a detailed understanding of the selection considerations and applications of combined cycle power plants
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Profitability: Learn about the reliability, life cycle cost, profitability, refurbishment and life extension methods for all types of combined cycle power plants
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
The VILT will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 x 10 minutes break per day, including time for lectures, discussion, quizzes and short classroom exercises.
Additionally, some self-study will be requested. Participants are invited but not obliged to bring a short presentation (10 mins max) on a practical problem they encountered in their work. This will then be explained and discussed during the VILT. A short test or quiz will be held at the end the course.
The instructor relies on a highly interactive training method to enhance the learning process. This method ensures that all the participants gain a complete understanding of all the topics covered. The training environment is highly stimulating, challenging, and effective because the participants will learn by case studies which will allow them to apply the material taught to their own organization.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
The quality of trainer appointed by powerEDGE is exceptional.
Civil Engineer, Sarawak Energy Berhad
This course was excellently conducted. It surely enhanced the knowledge of the participants.
Senior Manager, Sarawak Energy Berhad
Great course. Trainer is knowledgeable and able to bring us through based on our knowledge level.