About this Training Course
Exploration & Production Data Management is a 4-day course under the umbrella course, Exploration & Production Data Management and Physical Asset Management.
Each module in this 4-day course will address separate topics within E & P Data including Value of Effective E & P Data Management, Data Lifecycle, Quality Assurance and Control and Data Governance.
The course is led by a data management specialist who is also a qualified trainer and taught by modern training techniques, combining informative discussions and practical exercises.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the value of effective E & P Data Management and the sources and formats of E & P data
- Recognise the Lifecycle Stages of E & P Data starting with Data receipt
- Explore accurate cataloguing, recognise significant metadata and learn about compliance to standards
- Learn about best practices for physical data handling and digital Data Management
- Appreciate key technology solutions for E & P Data Management
- Understand the importance of Data Security and Data Quality
- Learn how to create operational workflows and procedures, and business continuity
- Learn how to manage data archives effectively, and develop retention and destruction strategies
- Get equipped on legislative data retention requirements
The course is essential for those with a role, responsibility or interest in E & P data management, including technical managers and administrators as well as geoscientists.