About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
Conducted in an interactive manner, Exploration Project Management will include presentations by the course leader, syndicate and plenary exercises, and (optional) assessment of selected participants’ projects. Industry case studies will be integrated into all the presentations.
The course material will include a course manual (handout) and a course workbook (for exercises). Participants are requested to bring a mini-poster (two PowerPoint slides) as background material for discussion during the course.
By the end of this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT), participants will be able to:
- Improve the evaluation, execution and delivery of exploration projects, measured in terms of successful bids for new acreage, increased success rate and volume delivery from exploration drilling, and more rapid progress in appraisal of discoveries.
- Describe concepts, simple processes, workflows and analysis tools for project execution. Tools include the expert course leader’s proprietary project management framework, including project framing and after-action review methodologies, templates for strategy development, decision trees, decision quality frameworks. They also include customised Excel spreadsheets for portfolio modelling, project risk assessment (in new ventures and prospect maturation) and business planning.
- Understand their role in (a) delivering the company’s strategy, (b) contributing data and assessments to key exploration decision makers, and (c) communicating project progress and results to senior management.
The Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) is aimed at exploration professionals with more than 5 to 10 years of experience in the business, who would like to develop their skills for managing exploration projects and presenting the goals and results of their project work to senior management.
- Exploration and engineering professionals who work in exploration project teams, across the spectrum from new ventures (exploration business development), prospect identification and maturation, and appraisal of discoveries
- Exploration project leaders
- Exploration managers
The VILT will also benefit professionals from well engineering, petroleum engineering, finance and planning who support exploration activities.
Participants are requested to bring a mini-poster (two PowerPoint slides, each printed on A3 paper) as background material for discussion during the course.
- Basic or Foundation
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
A well-rounded course exploiting the best out of the VILT environment. Highly experienced trainer who depicted the setup and practices required for the successful management of new ventures and exploration projects
Director, INA Exploration
A really refreshing 21st century perspective on the exploration business.
Exploration Technical Leader, Conoco Phillips
A very well structured course in all aspects involved in exploration management.
International Exploration Manager, EcoPetrol
This will help any exploration manager looking to improve how their exploration organization does its business!
Exploration Manager, Statoil
The breadth and depth of the content are unique. I don’t think there is anything like this available anywhere else.
Exploration Manager, Repsol
What the trainer has put together is really remarkable, understandable and very usable for all parts of the upstream business, not only for exploration.