About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This separately bookable Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course is not designed to skill Oil & Gas engineers to be accountants, but to give participants the confidence and ability to communicate with accountants and finance managers and to improve their own financial decision making.
For technical professionals, a high level of single subject matter expertise is no longer sufficient for superior management performance. Oil & Gas technical professionals who wish to succeed in the resources industry are required to develop skills beyond their core functional knowledge. An understanding of financial information and management, and an awareness of the economic theory that drives value creation, are an integral part of the managers required suite of skills.
The performance of organisations is judged increasingly by the investment community according to a number of key financial criteria. A rapidly changing and increasingly competitive global resource industry has resulted in a focus on efficient financial management and astute financial decision making. For the technical manager this has meant a high level of technical expertise is no longer sufficient for superior management performance. If you are required in your line of work to manage assets, analyse investment proposals, justify or approve expenditure then attending this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) will equip you with the essential skills you need.
- FINANCE FOR NON-FINANCE FOR OIL & GAS PROFESSIONALS
Attend this industry specific Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) and benefit from the following:
– Demystify financial jargon and fully interpret financial statements
– Understand Balance Sheets and Profit & Loss statements of Oil & Gas companies
– Discover the crucial distinction between cash flow and profit
– Understand how to make correct investment decisions using Net present Value and Internal Rate of Return
– Interpret oil and gas company financial reports using ratio analysis
– Learn the difference between cash costs and full costing of energy products
– Learn how to manage working capital for increased shareholder value
- PETROLEUM FISCAL REGIMES AND APPLIED FINANCE FOR OIL & GAS INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS
Attend this advanced Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) to enhance your financial acumen from the following:
– Build and compare cash flow based models of both production sharing contract projects and royalty regime projects
– Gain an awareness of the different valuation methods for producing properties and undeveloped acreage
– Learn the industry specific accounting issues that apply when interpreting oil and gas company financial statements
– Understand how the physical characteristics of energy assets (e.g. reserves, reservoir quality) are translated into project valuations
– Learn how the investment analysts value oil and gas stocks and make buy/sell recommendations
This VILT is specifically designed for those with a non-finance background training from the Oil & Gas sector and requires only basic mathematical ability as a pre-requisite. It is presented in a manner that reduces the jargon to basic principles and applies them to numerous real-life examples.
This VILT has been researched and developed for Managers, Superintendents, Supervisors, Engineers, Planners, Lawyers, Marketers, Team Leaders and Project Coordinators in the technical and non-technical departments in the Oil and Gas industry.
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
The course is good for non-finance professionals even with little knowledge in finance. The exposure gives an opportunity for you to gain new knowledge or information about Oil & Gas industry especially if you do not have technical skills in petroleum sector
Assistant Manager, Malaysia-Thailand Joint Authority
Overall, session was good with experienced trainer and clear presentation delivered by the trainer
Business Analyst, PETRONAS
The training was great even though it was conducted virtually
Senior Reservoir Engineer, Malaysia-Thailand Joint Authority
If I were in the Finance Department, I would benefit more from the course. Anyway, I have learnt new knowledge for my career development
Legal Advisor, Malaysia-Thailand Joint Authority
This is a comprehensive training course, particularly for non-finance professionals in the Oil & Gas industry who seek to improve their knowledge of petroleum fiscal regimes. I have learned and obtained fruitful knowledge from the trainer
Senior HSE Officer, Malaysia-Thailand Joint Authority
Useful appreciation on finance with a little background
SCM Manager, Enquest
The level and nature, of course, are really exceptional. I gain new knowledge throughout the course!
Maintenance Supt., Petrofac
Just nice – not too heavy and not too extensive!
Geologist, Mudabala Petroleum
Excellent course for the non-finance personnel to have an overview of the financial analysis and oil and gas fiscal region
Manager, Planning, Vestigo Petroleum Sdn Bhd
Very good presenter, lots of exercises and highly interesting
Course was delivered in a simplified manner and content was just right
Great session with brilliant mentor!