Are you someone in E&P who is interested in using Python or vendor specific Machine learning (ML) & Deep Learning (DL) software, and aspiring to be a key member of your company’s digitalization project?
This 5-half day VILT course introduces the key concepts of ML & DL and the understanding of terminology and meaning of the AI landscape. The VILT course will give you a deeper insight with case studies and will explore ML & DL soft-computing architecture and its parameters. The VILT course will cover case studies in drilling and completion, subsurface reservoir characterization and production & forecasting optimization.
Datasets and PDFs will be shared at the conclusion of the course. This will enable participants to emulate upstream studies, whether using a vendor specific software or Open Source.
The VILT course will be conducted in an interactive manner with quizzes as well discussion time for questions and answers. At the end of this VILT, you will be able to see the value by applying ML & DL in your E&P datasets.
By attending this intensive workshop, participants will be able to:
- Fully understand the differences of AI, ML and DL algorithms and when/how to apply against upstream data
- Learn how to capture business knowledge from raw data using repeatable/scalable workflows that harness business value
- Automated Data Management methodologies to deliver robust time series and spatial analytical data marts
- Learn application through real case studies illustrating the data-driven analytical workflows
- Learn basics of using Python OpenSource Jupyter Notebooks that programmatically show business value from data analysis
- Take away repeatable/scalable methodology – SEMMA – (Sample, Explore, Modify, Model & Assess) that can be used in all upstream data-driven analytics
- Upstream geoscientists who wish to optimize their traditional interpretation workflows with repeatable and automated data management and exploratory data analysis methodologies.
- Surface facilities engineers responsible for maintenance and asset lifecycle.
- Drilling, completion and petroleum engineers
- Information architects wishing to evolve a career in AI, ML and DL
- Analytics managers responsible for adopting a digital transformation in E&P
- Developers who aspire to be AI or ML & DL data scientists in E&P
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
Your expert trainer started off his career in the oil & gas industry as a geophysicist, involved in processing and interpreting seismic data. While in the oil & gas industry, he was previously working with PGS, Petroleum Development Oman (PDO), ARCO and BP. He later moved into software development with SAS Institute, Inc. He has been involved in upstream Oil & Gas data driven model building across Exploration and Production for over 10 years. He is currently developing business strategies to establish Analytical Centres of Excellence and data management architectures across the Oil and Gas industry. He holds a Degree in Geology and Mathematics as well as a Master’s Degree Geophysics and Seismology from Durham University, England, UK. He currently holds 2 patents that have been issued out in 15 countries.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.