Are you someone in E&P who is interested in using Python or vendor specific Machine learning (ML) & Deep Learning (DL) software, and aspiring to be a key member of your company’s digitalization project?
This 5-half day VILT course introduces the key concepts of ML & DL and the understanding of terminology and meaning of the AI landscape. The course will give you a deeper insight with case studies and will explore ML & DL soft-computing architecture and its parameters. The course will cover case studies in drilling and completion, subsurface reservoir characterization and production & forecasting optimization.
Datasets and PDFs will be shared at the conclusion of the course. This will enable participants to emulate upstream studies, whether using a vendor specific software or Open Source.
The VILT course will be conducted in an interactive manner with quizzes as well discussion time for questions and answers. At the end of this VILT, you will be able to see the value by applying ML & DL in your E&P datasets.
By attending this intensive workshop, participants will be able to:
- Fully understand the differences of AI, ML and DL algorithms and when/how to apply against upstream data
- Learn how to capture business knowledge from raw data using repeatable/scalable workflows that harness business value
- Automated Data Management methodologies to deliver robust time series and spatial analytical data marts
- Learn application through real case studies illustrating the data-driven analytical workflows
- Learn basics of using Python OpenSource Jupyter Notebooks that programmatically show business value from data analysis
- Take away repeatable/scalable methodology – SEMMA – (Sample, Explore, Modify, Model & Assess) that can be used in all upstream data-driven analytics
- Upstream geoscientists who wish to optimize their traditional interpretation workflows with repeatable and automated data management and exploratory data analysis methodologies.
- Surface facilities engineers responsible for maintenance and asset lifecycle.
- Drilling, completion and petroleum engineers
- Information architects wishing to evolve a career in AI, ML and DL
- Analytics managers responsible for adopting a digital transformation in E&P
- Developers who aspire to be AI or ML & DL data scientists in E&P
The VILT will be delivered online in 5 sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day. The total estimated duration of the course is 20 hours.
Your course expert has 14 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry as a geophysicist processing and interpreting seismic data. More than 11 years of software development experience with SAS Institute, Inc., a leader in statistical software and analytics solutions. 10 years of upstream Oil and Gas data driven model building across Exploration and Production. Currently developing business strategies to establish Analytical Centers of Excellence and data management architectures across the Oil and Gas industry.