About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course is an extensive awareness programme for engineers and operational staff dealing with all aspects of hydrocracking units. In addition, planning, scheduling and procurement staff will find the course valuable as aspects and pitfalls of the catalyst testing and procurement best practices are discussed.
This VILT course covers the following:
- Optimal use of hydrocracking units
- Types of reactions and kinetics: HDN, HDS, hydrogenation
- Catalysts: compositions, hydrogenation function, acidity and properties
- Catalyst manufacture: Support, Zeolite, Extrusion, Calcination, Impregnation, Quality control & Analyses
- Commercially available hydrocracking catalysts: Topsoe, ART, Axens, Criterion
- Feedstocks: type and contaminants
- Catalyst handling: reactor loading, ensuring trickle flow, heat release etc., presulphiding procedures, unloading
- Catalyst testing: Best Practices pretest, during, and post testing, WABT, temperature profile, WHSV, recycle cutpoint, pressure, gas to oil ratio, Critical Measurements
- Calculations: conversion, Hydrogen consumption, Normalizations of WABT’s
- Corrosion: high-temperature, aqueous, wash-water injection to prevent corrosion
- Safety aspects: Catalysts, H2S, Polycyclic Aromatics, NH3, Sulphiding Compounds, Ni(CO)4
- Troubleshooting: Reasons for malperformance in hydrocrackers, how to identify malperformance and How to rectify malperformance
- Invitation to tender/technical offer preparation: What data we should have to prepare a good technical forecast and how to prepare a technical forecast based on pilot plant data
By the end of this VILT course, participants will be able to understand:
- How to make optimal use of hydrocracking units
- The types of reactions & kinetics, including reaction calculations
- Catalyst explanations, manufacture & commercially available catalysts
- Catalysts handling & testing
- Safety aspects
- Tenders & technical offers
- Technical forecasts based on pilot plant data
This VILT course is suitable for:
- Oil refining personnel, those involved in hydrocracking
- Researchers and professionals who work in hydro processing
- Staff from Catalyst Manufacturing who are involved in the production and research of hydrocracking catalysts
- Staff involved in refinery optimisation, and maximising synergies between refinery processes
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 x 10 minutes break per day, including time for lectures, discussion, quizzes and short classroom exercises.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.