About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
With the ever increasing need to bring stranded gas to market, the focus on FLNG is fast growing and now at the forefront of the global LNG industry.
This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) addresses the development and evolution in offshore LNG transfer, offloading systems and technologies for offshore LNG applications which represent a safe, reliable and economic alternative to standard methods of LNG transfer.
This VILT will explore the key components, design codes, parameters and configurations in offshore LNG transfer technologies and allow attendees to:
- Learn about LNG storage & loading systems in terms of safety and process constraints
- Know the technical specifications of the different offshore LNG transfer technologies available on the market
- Explore the key parameters and the different configurations of each technology solution
- Understand the technical challenges in offshore LNG transfer
- Learn the main constraints in terms of marine operations
- Know the design codes and design parameters of LNG lines, pumps, vapor return & boil-off gas handling
- Understand the qualification process steps of new transfer technology
- Acquire the basis for performing the selection of the most appropriate offshore transfer system relative to a specific project
After participation, the VILT will allow the attendees to:
- Have a better understanding of integration studies for FLNG
- Understand a qualification process plan for new technologies in LNG transfer
- Manage technical and strategic considerations for new FLNG projects
- Understand the technical specifications and challenges with offloading systems
- Understand / perform systems selection for offshore transfer and FLNG components
This VILT will be useful and applicable for:
- Engineers or technical staff involved in design and technical development, maintenance and operations working within an LNG production company or shipping company.
- Department heads, Managers and Team Leaders in design and technical development, Asset Management, Maintenance Management working within an LNG production or shipping company.
- Professionals who looking to learn LNG loading, and in particular, offshore LNG transfer systems and operations.
Your course leader has more than 25 years of accumulated experience in the Oil & Gas Industry, particularly in LNG / Offshore LNG Industry as Project Manager (8 years) and Process Technology Design (12 years). From 2010 to 2012, he worked for TOTAL E&P as Manager of R&D activities related to LNG, FLNG, Gas Treatment and Safety Engineering. From 1992 to 2010, he worked for Technip, spending 12 years (1992 to 2004) in the Process and Technology Division, where he was the Principal Engineer on gas treatment and LNG projects such as Yemen LNG and Nigeria LNG. From 2004 to 2010, he was actively involved in the development of Technip Offshore LNG technologies as Project Manager – several patents filed, author or co-author of different publications on LNG transfer technologies.
He has also been a member of:
• the Foreign Advisory Committee on the 2nd Trondheim Technology Gas Conference, Norway, 2-3 November 2011
• the Steering Committee on the SPE Forum “Economic and Sustainability Challenges in the Future Development of Sour Gas”, Bali, Indonesia, 8-13 May 2011
• The Technip “Experts Network” as “Main Expert – LNG” for several years
He holds a “summa cum laude” master’s degree in Chemical Engineering from Rome University “La apienza” (1992) and has been a member of the Italian Register of Engineers.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.