About this Training Course
In the current volatile oil market, you need targeted skills and knowledge to manage risk in your Oil pricing and trading strategy. By having strong fundamental knowledge of the market mechanisms, you will be able to better predict future market scenarios, and how to respond to it. To get a clear strategy on how to price and trade in the current and future markets, companies have to adopt sophisticated techniques and tools that can deal with the dynamism and challengers of today’s operating conditions.
By attending this 3 day training course, participants will be able to understand:
- Review International Oil Pricing mechanisms and methodologies
- Learn the Basics of Crude Oil evaluation, Refining and Freight economics
- Structure Oil Contracts and Prepare for Negotiations
- Understand Forwards, Futures, Swaps and Options contracts
- Price Risk Management Techniques and Trading Portfolio Management
The course should be attended by professionals from the Oil Industry looking to develop and improve their understanding of International Oil Pricing and Price Risk Management processes essential for any successful oil supply and trading business. It is recommended that delegates will have a minimum of 2 years industry experience before attending the course, and although no specific skills are requested, basic numeracy is assumed.
- Oil industry personnel working in supply, trading, risk management, refining, finance, transport, exploration and production
- Oil trading and distribution companies
- Energy-related government departments and regulators
- Purchasing, planning, and finance departments in major energy consumers
- Energy publications
- Bankers, accountants, auditors and others associated with oil companies and oil financing
The teaching material is taught in short packs with slides presentations covering each topic. However, the real learning experience is delivered in practical mini Case Studies and class interaction assuring that individual questions are answered, uncertainties clarified and key skills reinforced.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.