About this Training Course
This 3 full-days course provides an introduction to Subsea Inspection, Maintenance and Repair (IMR) as it is practiced in the offshore Oil & Gas industry. It will include IMR fundamentals, planning and implementation.
In this course, participants will learn the importance of:
- Maintenance and repairs such as clamps, replacements, welding and others.
- Subsea execution techniques including sonar, ROVs, diving, spreads and deployment vessels.
- Contract tendering and performance management.
- Other issues including splash zones, shore approaches and Deepwater considerations.
- Subsea structural, pipeline and export system purposes and general layouts.
- Subsea threats, including mechanical, marine and corrosion.
- Corrosion fundamentals and protection schemes.
- Inspection purposes and deployment methods.
- Subsea anomaly logging, sorting, processing and evaluation.
This course can also be offered through Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) format.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to understand:
- The business objectives of Subsea IMR and importance in incident prevention and production reliability.
- Mechanisms of subsea deterioration and their detection / measurement.
- Corrosion fundamentals and subsea equipment protection.
- Inspection finding processing, fitness-for-service evaluation and follow-up planning.
- General subsea maintenance and repair activities.
- Subsea IMR execution options including safety, efficiency and cost considerations.
- Contracting methods and contractor management.
- Special issues of concern.
This course is intended for newly job entrants to moderately experienced engineers involved with offshore and marine operations, with the exception of those doing reservoir or subsurface engineering, technicians in a supervisory role as well as front-line operation supervisors, and staff who may be involved in:
- Operations; Maintenance
- Production / Drilling Engineering
- Pipeline Operations and Engineering
- Operations Engineering
- Safety Engineering and Quality Control/Assurance
- Basic or Foundation
Your expert course leader is a Ph.D. Metallurgical Engineer with advanced expertise in asset integrity management of oil & gas production facilities, corrosion control, materials selection, chemical treatments, pipeline pigging, inspections, fitness-for-service evaluations, failure analysis and related consulting. He has 40 years of experience working for BP in Asia and South America, Amoco in the US, Intertek, and four years with Applus-Velosi in Southeast Asia. Practical Work Experience:
- AIM consultant with focus on Southeast Asia operations and clients
- Direct technical interface with clients on Velosi services
- Technical consultant for ongoing regional contracts and lead roles as auditor, instructor or facilitator
Main clients have included the following organisations: BP and Vico Indonesia, Pertamina Offshore Northwest Java and West Madura Offshore (Indonesia), NCSP (Vietnam), ADCO-OPCO (Abu Dhabi), Thang Long (Vietnam), Exxon-Mobil (Malaysia) and Mubadala Petroleum (Indonesia).
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information post training support and fees applicable
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
The trainer has pretty good in-depth knowledge of subsea. He is honest in giving his feedback if he knows a matter or he doesn't know and require some research. From the way he conducts and facilitate the session, it encourages participants to learn more and beyond