About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) provides an introduction to Subsea Inspection, Maintenance and Repair (IMR) as it is practised in the offshore oil & gas industry. It will include IMR fundamentals, planning and implementation.
The VILT will be delivered online in 5 sessions comprising 3.5 hours per day (GMT+8 Malaysia Time), with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
By the end of this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT), participants will be able to develop an understanding of :
- The business objectives of Subsea IMR and its importance in incident prevention and production reliability
- The mechanisms of subsea deterioration and their detection/measurement
- Corrosion fundamentals and subsea equipment protection
- Inspection finding processing, fitness-for-service evaluation and follow-up planning
- General subsea maintenance and repair activities
- Subsea IMR execution options including safety, efficiency and cost considerations
- Contracting methods and contractor management
This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) will benefit:
- Newly job entrants to moderately experienced engineers involved with offshore and marine operations, with the exception of those doing reservoir or subsurface engineering
- Technicians in a supervisory role as well as front-line operation supervisors.
Staff may be involved in: Operations, Maintenance, Production / Drilling Engineering, Pipeline Operations and Engineering, Operations Engineering, Safety Engineering and Quality Control/Assurance
Your expert course leader is a Ph.D. Metallurgical Engineer with advanced expertise in asset integrity management of oil & gas production facilities, corrosion control, materials selection, chemical treatments, pipeline pigging, inspections, fitness-for-service evaluations, failure analysis and related consulting.
He has 30 years of experience working for BP in Asia and South America, Amoco in the US and four years with Applus-Velosi in Southeast Asia.