About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This intensive 5 half-day Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course will equip participants with a detailed practical grounding in the fundamentals of advanced LNG Bunkering transfer operations and Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technology. Participants will learn about the practical tools and techniques which can be utilised to manage risk more effectively and make better practical decisions while handling.
By attending this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course, participants will be able to:
- Reinforce knowledge about operations that are carried out in accordance with all relevant national and international maritime legislation, local regulations, and industry best practices
- Evaluate the different procedures and factors affecting cost of the operation
- Ensure overall safety for LNG operation on the use of correct size and number of fenders and certified tested hoses
- Be familiar with LNG and Hydrogen vessels, operations and equipment
- Enhance understanding of Ship-to-Ship (STS) transfer equipment, design, maintenance and training methods for STS.
- Be familiar with the differences of Person in Overall Advisory Control, Mooring Master and Master of the Ship
- Establish a useful methodology in reducing risk
- Understand environmental challenges
- Recognise and understand differences in operations and hazards between oil and gas vessels
- Understand requirements for LNG and Hydrogen vessel compatibility and Optimoor studies as well as follow an LNG spill response case study
This VILT course is intended for:
- Ship Owners and Managers
- Offshore Vessel and FPSO Owners and Operators
- Oil Majors, NOCs and Independents
- Ship Superintendents and Safety Officers
- Ship Officers and Crews (Master, Chief Officers, Chief Engineers etc)
- Loading and Mooring Masters
- STS Service Providers
- Liquid Cargo and Bunker Surveyors
- Ports and Terminal Operators
- P&I Inspectors and Executives
- LNG FSU Owners, Managers, Operators
- Company Assurance Managers and Superintendents
This VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
Your expert course leader is an Independent Marine Engineering Surveyor and Forensic Marine Engineer. For the past 25 years, he has been heavily engaged as an expert regarding LNG vessel and offshore platforms, STS – ports and harbor infrastructure, machinery failure investigation and safety, LNG propulsion and vessel component integrity and failure.
He is an independent expert in the Marine Engineering field, dominating matters involving the Oil and LNG, Hydrogen and biofuel sectors. He lectures in the field of marine survey engineering, LNG auditing and safety throughout South East Asia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia and the United States of America [Gulf]. This includes developing and providing expert training in LNG and Hydrogen vessel and offshore platform HSE/NEBOSH/SIMOP/LNG/IMO and ILO.
He advises multinational participants in the Oil and LNG/STS, and the geotechnical LNG drilling sector in areas regarding offshore LNG and oil platform installations in Australia, USA and throughout South East Asia. From a Marine Engineering and Surveying perspective, he has worked aboard a variety of LNG vessel classes including LNG Oil/Carriers, Multi-Purpose Self Loaders, Offshore Anchor Handling Vessels, Offshore Supply Vessels – Oil and LNG, Combo – Heavy lift Ships – Class LNG. Foremost, he has been instrumental in the early development of hydrogen and biofuel Marine industry developments in USA and Europe bunker refuelling sector.
He is an independent Navy and Government advisor, former fleet manager, Class Surveyor and technical superintendent in the LNG Sector. This includes the oversight of STS HSE in the North West Shelf (Chevron – Gorgon Project $54 Billion USD Offshore LNG). He has previously also been engaged as an qualified Court Litigation Expert, advisor and ‘in house’ independent consultant to various multinationals within Australia, Europe and South East Asia in LNG Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S). He also investigated catastrophic (fatal) engineering incident(s) that have occurred at sea, within these ports and ashore on behalf of numerous worldwide Government Agencies in USA and Australia.
Some of his industry specific experience and assignments are listed below including LNG/ STS training, research and technical diagnostic experience in the fields of LNG and Offshore Installations and marine engineering.
- LNG Carrier and Oil Exploration Ships and Offshore Support Vessel Class – Woodside Pty. Ltd North West Shelf (Australia)
- LNG – CHEVRON GORGON Independent Technical Expert – $54 Billion USD Liquid Natural Gas [LNG] – Project – [OMSA Offshore Marine Service Alliance] – Barrow Island (Western Australia) Marine Engineering and Safety Compliance – LNG/SIMOP/HSE/IMO/ILO
- Port Infrastructure and Safety. LNG – Chevron Gorgon STS Facility and Heavy Lift Loading Facility – Henderson, Western Australia. Stevedoring and Safety Compliance – SIMOP/LNG -HSE/IMO/ILO
- Marine Engineering Surveyor and LNG/STS technical Expert Shipping and transport logistics. LNG – Turbine and Gas Platform infrastructure installation and mobilization
- Technical Independent Expert: Royal New Zealand Navy WARSHIP – RNZS Combat Supply and Multi Role War Ship – HMNZS War Ship ‘Canterbury’.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.