About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
To work as a Loading Master, an individual is required to have the operational knowledge and technical skill as well as be able to understand the LNG ship/shore Interface.
Knowledge, insight, awareness, skill, control, efficiency, and time management to name a few, with regards to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) will form the necessary foundations for LNG terminals and marine operations. This has led to an increasing demand for certified and trained Loading Masters for storage terminals. The challenging tasks include mastering the art of loading and unloading activities as well as carrying the responsibilities that come with it.
This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course is designed to train and certify those who are working in LNG Marine Terminals, FNLG (Floating Liquefied Natural Gas Barges or Vessels) and in management of LNG facilities.
The LNG Marine Terminal Loading Master & Certification Course is the only course that includes TTT Certification of Loading Masters!
This highly interactive and practical VILT course will allow LNG facilities to achieve a competitive advantage by having an effective and well-managed operation. This will ensure your operational processes and workforce perform up to the highest standards and expectations.
At the end of this VILT course, participants will be able to:
- Master operational best practices and apply a structured approach to marine terminal management of the ship shore interface.
- Identify improved procedures for the handling, loading and discharging of LNG cargoes.
- Learn updated international guidelines and regulations concerning tankers and terminals including physical properties of LNG.
- Increase their operational efficiency for LNG storage and transport.
- Become aware of Quality & Quantity risk & loss and learn prevention techniques
- Improve compliance, safety and environmental performance.
- Understand pumps and pipeline systems including tanker loading and discharge operations.
- Become a Master of Loading / Unloading.
This VILT course is designed for anyone with immediate responsibility for loading, discharging and care in custody transfer or handling LNG cargoes. This applies to LNG operators, vessel owners and operators, LNG Terminal Managers and Supervisors, Surveyors and Marine superintendents inspecting LNG Cargoes.
Participants may include those from:
- Supply Chain – Personnel involved in LNG transhipment, chartering, shipping, finance, quantity measurement and accounting, cargo operations, planning, scheduling, including management who did not have a chance of working ‘in the field’.
- Energy and Logistics – Ship-brokers, traders, shipping agents, claims departments staff, loading masters, cargo inspectors, demurrage departments, marine insurers, charterers, ship-owners.
- Administrative and Non-Operational office staff who lack ‘on hand’ practical experience – this VILT course will help them to vividly imagine operational reality by discussing and solving ‘real time’ daily issues. Highlighted by photographic material and true live situations taken from the trainer’s international experience.
- LNG Industry Management – personnel who are responsible for safe and effective LNG cargo custody transfer and handling.
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 15 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
Your expert course leader is an experienced maritime leader with a record of high achievement and proactive approach to excellence. He welcomes challenges as an opportunity to excel and recognizes that the satisfaction of accomplishments far outweigh the burden of leadership. He has 12 continuous years of successful hands-on problem solving and decision-making experience in challenging, dynamic and multifaceted marine work environments at sea and ashore, in a position of responsibility or other crucial decision-making leadership capacities. This includes 7 years as a senior officer aboard deep-draft LNG tanker vessels transporting volatile cargoes in the worldwide liquid gas trade, with an unblemished safety record as well as outstanding personnel evaluations.
He also has 5 years of working experience at the LNG and Oil Tanker Terminals in Korea, serving in the capacity of LNG advisor to Shell Shipping and Trading Company. He has commissioned the 4 largest LNG carriers in the world – the Q-Max vessels at LNG Import terminals in Korea. Each vessel is an LNG terminal on its own with a Re-liquefaction plant and an enclosed Flare. During his time as a Nautical Inspector while working for Shell South Korea, he supervised the construction of 25 Oil and LNG Tankers at Samsung, Daewoo and Hyundai Shipyards.
In his capacity as an LNG consultant, he has provided LNG marine operations, safety, and regulatory compliance consulting services to major energy and marine transportation companies. He also has a significant shore side operations management experience with broad knowledge of commercial aspects of global maritime enterprise and energy shipping. He also owns a Master Mariner License IFOO-8700 from the government of India and he is a Member of the Nautical Institute UK. He has provided LNG simulator training from various institutes worldwide including Warsash Maritime Academy UK, and NYK Maritime Training Centre Yokohama.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
Good training with good structured programme
Loading Master, PT Badak NGL
Good job on the VILT training and thank you