About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
In the coming decades, low-carbon green and blue ammonia will become traded energy vectors as hydrogen production is anticipated to scale up and expand in magnitude. Blue ammonia will be produced using Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) retrofits to existing steam methane reformers and on new greenfield projects using ATRs and POx reactors. Meanwhile, green hydrogen will be derived from electrolysis using renewable power.
Ammonia is synthesized from hydrogen using nitrogen from an air separation unit. Ammonia shipping is extremely mature and additional terminals and ships will complement the established infrastructure. Ammonia utilization will extend to clean-energy applications in power generation as a maritime fuel and potentially in aviation and land-based mobility applications. Green ammonia is emerging as the preferred international distribution mode for green hydrogen from GW-scale renewable power and electrolysis projects.
This 2 half-day Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course will provide tangible examples of technologies for green ammonia generation from electrolysis and renewable power pathways. Shipping infrastructure and terminals will also be covered, as will key demand drivers such as ammonia-fired power generation and the use of ammonia as a maritime fuel.
Understanding and selecting the right technologies can make a significant difference between a good and an excellent project, with profit margins, energy efficiency and return on capital at stake. Ultimately, ensuring that your project is cost-competitive is essential to attract global investors and ensure its long-term viability.
If you are investing in the hydrogen and ammonia economy or considering technologies to implement, reviewing the options will be fundamental to your decision-making. This VILT course will provide some insights to support that critical process.
Upon completion of this VILT course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the value of low-carbon ammonia in a future decarbonized, integrated energy and power infrastructure.
- Learn the interplay between hydrogen and ammonia.
- Explore the pros and cons of low-carbon blue ammonia versus green ammonia.
- Understand the alternative ways to distribute hydrogen internationally using liquid hydrogen, hydrogen carriers and hydrogen derivatives.
- Review major low-carbon blue ammonia and ammonia project proposals worldwide.
- Determine the main technology components that make up a low-carbon blue ammonia project or a green ammonia project.
- Identify the technoeconomic fundamentals of low-carbon ammonia production with a breakdown of the main OPEX and CAPEX considerations.
- Appreciate the fundamentals that will ensure a low-carbon or green ammonia project can be competitive internationally over the long-term.
- Project development teams who are investigating hydrogen and ammonia projects
- Investment and project finance professionals who are considering financial support for hydrogen and ammonia schemes
- Business development and engineering teams in EPC contractors who are working on hydrogen and ammonia projects, conceptual studies, or FEED studies
- Business development and engineering teams in operating companies that are considering hydrogen and ammonia projects
- Oil and Gas professionals who are looking to diversify their operations and business into renewable energy vectors
The VILT course will be delivered online in 2 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, including time for lectures, discussion, quizzes and short classroom exercises.
Course Duration: 2 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (8 hours in total).
Your expert course leader is the founder and managing director of an energy transition consultancy in Germany. His work focuses on decarbonisation and hydrogen is a fundamental pillar of his consulting practice. His hands-on hydrogen expertise extends to the full length of the value chain from production, purification, distribution, and storage through to utilisation.
With a background in industrial gases, including 27 years at BOC Gases, The BOC Group and Linde Gas, he has intimate knowledge of hydrogen from commercial, technical, operational and safety perspectives. He served 14 years as a global business leader in these FTSE100 and DAX30 companies and had the opportunity to interact with people, businesses, and operations around the world.
As a member of the H2 View and gasworld editorial advisory boards, he advises the direction of editorial content for these two leading international publications. His writing often covers sustainable hydrogen production technologies.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.