About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
Accredited by the United Kingdom Lubricants Association (UKLA), this 4 half-day Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course will provide an in-depth understanding of the principles, economics and flexibility of lubricant blending plants and how to operate a lubricants blending plant efficiently and economically.
The latest developments and trends in lubricant blending and the advantages and disadvantages of lubricant blending equipment, facilities and operations will be discussed. The importance of testing components and products for each blend, lubricant blend quality control and product quality management will also be explained.
The VILT course will also clarify the importance of lubricant product filling, packaging and warehouse storage, strategies for optimising existing lubricant blending plant facilities and how to avoid or minimise problems with lubricant blending and product quality.
The VILT course is recognised under the UKLA Continuing Professional Development (CPD) scheme for Registered Lubricant Professional.
*There will be an examination for this VILT.
This VILT course will enable you to:
- Learn about Mineral Oil Base Oils; API Groups I, II and III: Properties and Characteristics
- Acquire the knowledge about Synthetic Base Oils; API Groups IV and V: Properties and Characteristics
- Learn about Lubricant Additives: Properties and Characteristics
- Know the Lubricant Formulation and Ease of Blending
- Explore the Blending Plant Design: Grassroots Plants and Upgrading Existing Plants
- Learn about Blending Plant Equipment and Facilities and Their Operation
- Understand the Lubricant Blending Issues: Avoiding Problems
- Test and Analyse Base Oils and Additives
- Test and Analyse Blended Lubricants
- Explore the importance of Product Quality Control
- Understand the process of Lubricant Packaging and Filling
- Understand the process of Lubricant Storage
- Learn about Product Quality Management
This VILT course will be useful and applicable for:
- Middle and Senior managers to understand how and why to design and operate an efficient and profitable lubricant blending plant.
- Blending plant operators and specialists to improve and optimise current blending plant operations.
- Manufacturers of lubricants will understand how and why high quality components and effective testing during the entire blending process are important to final lubricant product quality and performance.
- Lubricant formulators will understand the importance of close communication and co-operation with blending plant managers and operators to minimise blending costs and to thereby maximise product profitability.
The VILT course will be delivered online in 4 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 4 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (16 hours in total).
Your expert course leader (CChem, MRC) has worked as Sales, Technical Marketing Manager and Company Director with over 50 years of broad experience in the lubricants, fuels, petroleum additives, with four leading companies Chevron, Ethyl Petroleum Additives Ltd, Texaco Limited and Kuwait Petroleum (GB) Ltd. His major recent responsibilities have been concerned with leading the Oil Industry Association United Kingdom Lubricants Association, and acting in an advisory capacity as Technical Director to the Association.
He has acquired a wide experience in technical, marketing and sales within the oil industry. The related experience gained with the oil additives industry has provided him with special additional insights. He has also led the Certificate of Lubricant Competence course for the United Kingdom Lubricants Association (UKLA) for 11 years. He is a Chartered Chemist and a Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
Have a good understanding of the overall operation for lubricants blending plant. Extended version on engineering side request
Assistant Manager, Engineering, Lubetech Sdn Bhd
Highly recommended to our company staff
VP, Unioil Petroleum Philippines
This course provides a good review on the lubricant industry
Production Universe Engineer, Sarawak Shell Bhd
This is an amazing course. The instructor is knowledgeable
Technical Manager, GTI Consultancy
Overall good training course for a lubricant supply chain professional
Supply Chain Assistant Manager, Gulf Oil Marine Ltd
This course is very well organised
Head Operations, Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd
It’s good training for someone who just stepped into the lubricant business
Quality Manager, UMW Lubetech Sdn Bhd
By attending this course, it filled the missing gaps that I have in lubricant blending, base oil & quality assurance
Senior Technical Manager, Gulf Oil Marine Ltd
Overall, a great training session