About this Micro Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
Understanding what is required for Wellhead & Xmas Tree Maintenance is summarised below, but understanding the why and the how will be fully explained in this Micro VILT.
A full wellhead maintenance involves:
- Xmas tree valve greasing and valve pressure testing
- Annuli valve greasing and valve pressure testing
- Annulus integrity monitoring
- Annulus Top Ups
- Hanger seal/pack-off testing
- Gate valve and actuator repairs
- Echo meter liquid level detection
- SCSSSV inflow test and function test
Coupled with general wear and tear of mechanical assemblies and additional unforeseen damage, it is critical that field operators have suitable plans in place for routine well maintenance operations so that problem areas can be identified and remedied quickly and effectively.
Micro VILT Group Pricing:
SGD$1,200 per pax
(5 persons per group session)
For more details on pricing for larger groups or customisation of course outline, call us at +65 6741 9927 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delivery of this Micro VILT:
The Micro VILT will be delivered through Zoom, MS Teams or equivalent video conference platforms in combination with other online interactive training tools.
Micro VILT Duration:
The Micro VILT will be delivered online in 1 session comprising 4 hours (GMT+8 Malaysia Time), with breaks.
Micro VILT Schedule
Opt either for the morning or afternoon session.
Morning session: 8.30am – 12.00pm
Afternoon session: 1.30pm – 5.00pm
Micro VILT Course Materials:
All participants will receive softcopy course materials (PDF format).
Breakdown of Modules:
Module 1: Overview
- Types of Equipment
- The differences between Wellheads & Xmas Trees
- When do we need to maintain & test
Module 2: Wellheads
- Understanding what is below the wellhead
- Why we maintain and test
- How do we maintain and test
Module 3: Xmas Tree
- Split Gates v Slab Gates
- Horizontal v Vertical
- Common Issues and Solutions
Best Feature of the Micro VILT:
- The video portion.
- Instructor’s knowledge.
- Presentation with the video and cut away of the Casings and Wellhead.
- All things, most notably the virtual delivery.
- Videos and the overall content with the quizzes.
- Diagrams and presenter’s knowledge.
- The ease of communication
- Component breakdown on the well.
- Visual of cut away and explanation of internals.
- Excellent instructor. His knowledge on wellhead components and x-mas tree components was impressive and his
- PowerPoint presentation was fantastic.
Gordon Duncan has over 40 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry. During that time, he has worked exclusively in well intervention and completions. After a number of years working for intervention service companies (completions, slickline & workovers), he joined Shell as a well service supervisor. He was responsible for the day-to-day supervision of all well intervention work on Shell’s Persian/Arabian Gulf platforms. This included completion running, coil tubing, e-line, slickline, hydraulic workovers, well testing and stimulation operations. An office-based role as a senior well engineer followed.
He was responsible for planning, programming and organising of all the well engineering and intervention work on a number of fields in the Middle East. He had a brief spell as a Site Representative for Santos in Australia before joining Petro-Canada as Completions Superintendent in Syria, then moved to Australia as Completions Operations Superintendent for Santos, before returning to Shell as Field Supervisor Completions and Well Interventions in Iraq where he carried out the first ever formal abandonment of a well in the Majnoon Field. While working on rotation, Gordon regularly taught Completion Practices, Well Intervention, Well Integrity and Reporting & Planning courses all over the world. In 2014, he started to focus 100% on training and became the Technical Director for PetroEDGE.
Since commencing delivering training courses in 2008, Gordon has taught over 300 courses in 31 cities in 16 countries to in excess of 3,500 participants.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
The class was a very good one. I had a good bit of interaction in it and group exercises and the PowerPoint presentation was great. The instructor was fantastic!
Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, USA
Enjoyed the class. Looking forward to going through other classes.