About this Training Course
In today’s highly competitive and increasingly uncertain environment, it is now imperative for Oil & Gas companies to forecast more accurately and also more frequently. In a recent survey by the CFO Journal, over 70% of Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) stated that improving their forecasting, planning and analysis processes was their number one priority.
It is clear that the old ways of doing things is not sustainable and cannot continue.
This 2-day training course provides participants with a solid introduction to the principles of budgeting and forecasting and its practical application to real-world situations.
The course also shows how to apply the principles and best practices regarding Oil & Gas budgets cultivated by companies in new and existing projects. It is designed for participants who are new to budgeting and forecasting, and those who have been in operating in this role for some time but would like to update their knowledge to the latest in financial planning and analysis practices.
Lastly, the course addresses the internal issues that arise in large companies: politics, remuneration, resistance to change, organisational hierarchies, and the underlying technologies that enable the change required for effective budgeting and forecasting.
The principles in this course are applicable for both upstream and downstream businesses.
By attending this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of budgeting and forecasting within the enterprise.
- Learn how to integrate budgeting and forecasting and align these with your business strategy.
- Learn how to handle uncertainty within budget models.
- Learn how your organisation can become more agile and produce more accurate forecasts faster.
- Understand how and when to go beyond Excel for budgeting and forecasting solutions, and understand the enterprise-level technologies that can enable this to occur.
- Business & Financial Analysts
- Finance Managers & Financial Controllers
- Budgeting/Forecasting Managers
- Financial Advisors & Managers
- Business unit & Departmental Managers who want to better understand budgeting & forecasting
The typical attendee will be a manager who must direct staff working for him/her in what they should build into their budget and forecast models, and must interact with other managers regarding the budgeting and forecasting process.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
Excellent course for finance professionals looking for excel tools to assist in putting a budget together
Senior Management Accountant, INPEX Australia
Excellent for those involved in producing reports via excel spreadsheets
Planning & Bus Support Lead, Sarawak Shell
Enhancing basic skills for practical use through creation of advanced tools