About this Training Course
This course is not designed to skill Oil & Gas engineers to be accountants, but to give participants the confidence and ability to communicate with accountants and finance managers and to improve their own financial decision making.
For engineering professionals, a high level of technical expertise is no longer sufficient for superior management performance. Oil & Gas engineering professionals who wish to succeed in the resources industry are required to develop skills beyond their core functional knowledge.
An understanding of financial information and management, and an awareness of the economic theory that drives value creation, are an integral part of the managers required suite of skills.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Demystify financial jargon and fully interpret financial statements
- Understand Balance Sheets and Profit & Loss statements of Oil & Gas companies
- Discover the crucial distinction between cash flow and profit
- Understand how to make correct investment decisions using Net present Value and Internal Rate of Return
- Interpret oil and gas company financial reports using ratio analysis
- Learn the difference between cash costs and full costing of energy products
- Learn how to manage working capital for increased shareholder value
This Workshop has been researched and developed for professionals in the technical and non-technical departments in the Oil and Gas industry, especially:
- Project Coordinators
- Team Leaders
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
Useful appreciation on finance with a little background.
SCM Manager, Enquest
The level and nature, of course, are really exceptional. I gain new knowledge throughout the course!
Maintenance Supt., Petrofac
Just nice – not too heavy and not too extensive!
Geologist, Mudabala Petroleum
Excellent course for the non-finance personnel to have an overview of the financial analysis and oil and gas fiscal region.