About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
Port feasibility and valuation is a key area where careful techno-economic feasibility, financial valuation and risk analysis must be undertaken along other components of project appraisal and asset valuation.
Arising from the global drive to actively involve private sector participation in port development and operations, the need clearly exists to equip both public and private stakeholders with the requisite knowledge and skills necessary for the successful understanding of various components of port feasibility and valuation, whether for existing port assets or for new ports and terminal expansion projects.
This 5 half-day intensive Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course will provide participants with a comprehensive and expert level knowledge on port feasibility and valuation models, tools, and practices. The VILT course is aimed at a wider audience of port and infrastructure investment and technical managers and is structured in terms of 16 modules and a series of case studies, business games, and group exercises.
By the end of this VILT course, participants will gain a detailed understanding of:
- Components and phases of port feasibility projects and studies
- Importance of valuation in port feasibility and financial management
- Various infra and asset type in port operations and management
- Asset management and maintenance and port valuation
- Technical vs. Economic vs. Financial Appraisal tools and applications
- Importance of business and market assessment in port valuations
- Types and treatments of risks in asset valuation and project appraisal
- Financing and negotiation options in port asset valuation
- Interplay between Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) project finance and port asset value
- Case studies and practical applications of the studied tools and concepts
- Executives, Managers and senior civil servants in public organisations (Port Authorities, Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Finance, public enterprises agencies, regulators, etc.) currently involved or intending to engage in PPPs.
- Executives, Directors and Managers of private companies (terminal operators, shipping companies, logistics providers, etc.) who are intending or are currently engaged in PPPs in the port sector.
- Managers from other organizations involved in PPP projects, e.g. banks and financial institutions, insurance companies, etc.
- Consultants, academics, port and terminal managers as well as a wider audience of port stakeholders
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
Your expert course leader is an internationally-recognised port, maritime and transport logistics expert with advanced qualifications and over 23 years of international experience including periods in senior positions and as Consultant and Adviser to international terminal operators, global carriers and logistics service providers, international financial institutions, leading insurance and consulting firms, and several governments and multilateral agencies.
Following 17 years of a formal international career, he has operated for the past eight years as an Independent Consultant. He has been involved in more than 80 consulting projects and advisory services in around 90 countries. He has also been active in professional training and capacity building and has designed and delivered over 55 workshops and seminars for the port, maritime and transport logistics industries.
Parallel to his consulting and advisory activities, he has a strong interest in academic research and teaching. He has published six books and over 100 academic papers and policy reports, and has been teaching port, maritime and transport logistics courses to masters and PhD students. He is founder of and advisor to the Port Operations, Research and Technology Centre (PORTeC) and the Global Port Research Alliance (GPRA). He holds visiting academic positions at several leading universities including Imperial College, City University, UCL, LBS, MIT, Hong Kong Poly University, LMA, BITE, and UWI.
He is regularly called upon to advise governments, private firms, and international agencies on transport logistics issues. He has acted as consultant and advisor to global port operators including APM Terminals, HPH, DP World, ICTSI, and KGL; global carriers such as Maersk, CMA-CGM, Hapag-Lloyd, and UASC; leading 3PLs such as DHL, UPS, and Agility, major financial institutions such as the World Bank, EBRD, ADB, EIB, Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank, and BNP Paribas; and leading legal and insurance firms such as Fresh-fields, DLA Pipers, Lloyd’s of London, and the TT Club. His latest public appointments include port supply chain specialist to the UKTI, senior transport advisor to the EBRD, maritime transport advisor to the World Bank, specialist port adviser to the UK House of Commons, port policy advisor to the European Parliament, rapporteur to the Trans-European Agency, transport logistics advisor to the MEDA Forum, and transport logistics advisor to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.