About this training course
“Workshop curriculum recently enhanced to Advanced Level, based on requests and inputs from delegates of past session!”
This 2-day training course is a must workshop for previous participants of EPC Contracts Management Course and Experienced Professionals Engaged in the Projects Portfolio Management of Onshore and Offshore Oil & Gas Infrastructure Developments.
UNIQUE course features of this training course:
- Risks and Conflicts in Supply Chain Management: The contractual, management and legal aspects during the procurement stages and its impact on design, engineering, procured equipment deliveries, logistics, construction, installation and commissioning will be elaborated during the workshops.
- Case Based Learning: Unlike lectured courses, this workshop is specially developed based on the request from clients, to use real life cases in oil & gas industry segments, for grasping the International Legal Principles of different legal regimes and the substantive Laws of Contracts.
- Expert Workshop Leader: The course content is developed by an expert practitioner who has worked in the wide spectrum of the EPCIC segments, both onshore and offshore.
- Researched Content: The workshop content is grounded in the recently completed projects in the international arena, but which were exposed to unplanned risks, legal exposures, cost overruns, delays and disputes.
- Practical and focused: The course uses a ‘Logical Project Management Approach’ to enhance the contract risks identification skills.
- Value added experience: Your learning experience includes a Pre-workshop Questionnaire (PQ) to help you identify key learning objectives in advance and an opportunity to submit your own case for dissection and analysis during the workshop (If you register early!)
- Comprehensive Course Materials: A selected range of reference materials and links to valuable resources will be available for each participant, for ensuring long term benefits of attending this workshop.
By attending this 2-day intensive workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify dangerous exposures due to global procurements for mission-critical oil & gas E & P Contracts.
- Effectively manage risks of your projects, with Enforceable Procurement Contract Documents, by learning the purpose and potential benefits of maintaining evidence in compliance to the contract clauses.
- Learn the contract enforcement nuggets of owners and the variation claims strategies of the contractors from a practitioner, who has worked and consulted, for major EPCIC contractors in oil & gas segments and offshore & marine, construction yards.
- Use of contract terms & conditions for enhancing project performance, monitoring, reporting and achieving timely completion, thereby avoiding delays and disputes due to procurement contracts and Supply Chain Management.
- Manage claims, counterclaims, tort claims and adopt ADR practices for saving cost & time of expensive litigation in courts or arbitration.
On completion of the workshop, you will be able to apply the following:
- How to manage supply chain with main focus on procurement of goods and services
- How to ensure that Variations Order claims are appropriately managed in fixed-sum procurement contracts
- Manage contemporary challenges and market factors with direct or indirect impact post Procurement Contracts
- Managing all members of the Supply Chain from vendors to logistics services providers
- Cost Engineering and Performance Management of Vendors
- When and how to obtain / grant extension of time (EOT) and costs
- Ability to identify rights and obligations of each party to a contract instead of making subjective decisions
- Ability to be firm in negotiations without violating terms of the agreements
- Ability to spot different legal systems, contract laws and arbitration rules
- Ability to negotiate and avoidance of disputes and resolution in amicable manner, in accordance with the provisions of the contract
- Competency in developing and maintaining documentary evidence and traceability for all supplies & services during the project.
Heads of EPC Business Units, contracts managers, project directors, general managers and project Managers, corporate legal counsels, procurements and supply chain managers, lawyers and legal professionals interested in EPC Segments of the Oil & Gas Industry.
Your VILT course leader is the practicing Chartered Arbitrator and Principal Management Consultant with Tiberias Management Consultants Private Limited, Singapore and Hong Kong. He specialises in the fields of corporate management consultancy, international contracts reviews and Alternative Dispute Resolutions. Over a 43 year period, he has worked and consulted in the industry verticals encompassing, Oil & Gas majors, EPCIC Contractors, Construction Projects, Shipping, Logistics & Warehousing, and international shipyards. He has also worked as a consultant to the Infrastructure Development Projects, Oil & Gas Pipe Laying Contracts, Ports, Offshore Supply Bases, Shipyards and Owners of Oil & Gas Tankers, Dry Bulkers, Drill Ships, OSVs and FPSO’s.
His consulting expertise traverses through Business Process Re-engineering, Diversifications, Corporate Development, Project Management, Feasibility Studies, Dispute Resolutions and Market Research. He has been engaged in strategic planning, including assignments like, due diligence, resolving various operational issues, consortium contracts reviews, cost controls, project management matters and enhancement of procurement and supply chain management systems. He has successfully assisted offshore E & P clients in managing disputes arising from various international EPCIC projects, contracts for rig building, ships upgrading & conversion projects. He continues to be actively engaged in claims reviews, adjudication, mediation, arbitration, litigation and expert witness related assignments, arising from international construction contracts and Charterparty Agreements.
Your expert course leader has held positions of General Manager and Consultant with major Shipyards and Managing Director, General Manager and Senior Manager, with the companies from construction industry, heavy engineering fabrications, and marine & offshore services sectors. He was responsible for the projects related to the works on Offshore Vessels refurbishment, FPSO Conversions, Gas Tanker Repairs, Process Modules engineering, Lateral Gas and Oil Pipelines’ and other (EPCIC) construction related works. He has developed special methodologies for managing CMGD (Complex, Multiple, Geographically Dispersed) Projects.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information post training support and fees applicable
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
The trainer was clear, experienced and has provided me with commercial and contractual expertise tools, and skills to perform my job much better.
Senior Assistant Contracts Manager, SapuraAcergy (Australia)
Very good course for legal executive / lawyer / contract personnel.
Executive Planning & Governance, KPOC
The information and materials are hands-on and very practical for the Oil & Gas industry.
Petroleum Revenue Audit Advisor, Ministry of Finance, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste
This course provided us thorough, broad, and detailed knowledge of interlocking and related concepts that are practical and currently usable. I gained practical and demonstrated real-world business and project examples through the course.
Assistant General Manager, Japan Drilling Company
Never thought the cases can be good references, but this course changed my mind set. New knowledge was gained.
Senior Contract Analyst, Murphy Sarawak Oil
This training is useful for procurement and legal staff, other than Project Management Team.
Head of PCPP, PCCP Operating Company
Course was full of real life situations that relate to day-to-day activities. Well presented.
Project Manager, Aker Solutions
A valuable training for contract practices
Senior Contract Engineer, INPEX Corporation
This course is very effective to be aware on what is stated in the contract & how this can be applied in reviewing the contract & at the same time protecting the company’s interest
Assistant Manager, Anggerik Laksana
Most of the answers to the questions come from real experience and make short cut to the solutions!
Project Engineering Coordinator, CPOC
Very useful knowledge and application to my job
Contracts & Procurement Coordinator, PHE ONWJ
The material is very good. The materials given is excellent.
Senior Contract Engineer, PT Rekayasa
Good course to learn how to draft a good contract document for dispute avoidance.
Contract Administrator, Sarawak Shell
Excellent. Recommended for all contract managers.