About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) has been designed to provide participants with a detailed and up-to-date overview of the fluid mechanic fundamentals and operating practice of pumps, compressors and gas and steam turbines.
It will cover the important topics of Machinery Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) together with Prevention & Troubleshooting. Vibration analysis will be addressed in detail. Participants will be taken through an intensive primer of turbo-machinery principles, using the minimum of mathematics, and will learn how to solve the many and varied practical industrial problems that are encountered. The VILT will make use of an extensive collection of VIDEO material.
Upon the successful completion of this VILT, participants will have acquired the practical knowledge to enable them not only to choose the correct device for a particular application but also be in a position to resolve many commonly occurring operating problems.
*This VILT will be delivered online in 5 sessions comprising 3.5 hours per day (GMT+8 Malaysia Time), with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
Best Feature of the VILT:
- Yes, during COVID-19 situation, it is the best for continuous learning.
- The trainer’s experience.
- The materials were shared.
By the end of this VILT, participants will be able to:
- Apply a comprehensive knowledge of pumps, compressors & turbines and troubleshoot rotating equipment in a professional manner
- Identify the different types of turbomachinery including basic design aspects and highlighted problem areas
- Minimise compressor work by understanding the processes involved and identifying their efficiency
- Understand the flow through turbomachines and the corresponding velocity triangles including torque and power calculations
- Analyse the different types of centrifugal machines including their design, installation, operation, maintenance, rerate/retrofit, troubleshooting and control
- Recognise the various beneficial design aspects of turbomachines and understand the crucial process of cavitation
- Carry out proper methods of device installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Understand and apply the powerful methods of Machinery Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Understand the various methods of vibration analysis applied to device diagnostics
This VILT provides an overview of all significant aspects and considerations of pumps, compressors and turbines for those who are involved in the design, selection, maintenance or troubleshooting of such equipment. This includes maintenance, reliability, integrity, engineering, production and operations managers, engineers and other technical staff.
Your expert course leader is a Senior Mechanical & Instrumentation Engineer (UK, B. Sc., M.Eng., Ph D) with over 45 years of industrial experience in Process Control & Instrumentation, Pumps, Compressors, Turbines and Control Valve Technology. He is currently a Senior Independent Consultant to various petrochemical industries in the UK, USA, Oman, Kuwait and KSA where he provides consultancy services on both the application and operational constraints of process equipment in the oil & gas industries.
During his early career, he held key positions in Rolls Royce (UK) where he was involved in the design of turbine blading for jet engines, subject to pre-specified distributions of pressure. During this period and since, he has also been closely involved in various aspects of Turbomachinery, Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics where he has become a recognised authority in these areas.
Later, he joined the academic staff of University of Liverpool in the UK as a Professor in Mechanical Engineering Courses. A substantial part of his work has been concerned with detailed aspects of Flowmetering – both of single & multiphase flows. He has supervised doctoral research students in this area in collaboration with various European flowmeter manufacturers.
He joined Haward Technology Middle East in 2002 and was later appointed as European Manager (a post which has since lapsed) and has delivered over 150 training courses in Flowmeasurement (single- and multi-phase), Control, Heat Exchangers, Pumps, Turbines, Compressors, Valve and Valve Selection as well as other topics throughout the UK, USA, Oman and Kuwait. During the last two years, he has delivered courses with other training companies operating in the Far and Middle East.
He has published about 150 papers in various Engineering Journals and International Conferences and has contributed to textbooks on the topics listed above.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
The trainer is a very good instructor and has acquired 45 years of experience in the oil and gas and gas turbine industry. His knowledge is superior!
BOP System Engineer, GN Power Dinginin Ltd. Co.
Overall, on basic and principle knowledge are well said.
Senior Engineer Piping & Layout, MISC Berhad
The trainer is well educated.
Boiler Plant System Engineer, GN Power Dinginin Ltd. Co.
Great information for introduction to rotating equipment
Sourcing Manager, Sabah Shell Petroleum Co. Ltd
Good training provider