This is one of the most up-to-date Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) offered to the refining industry, with topics ranging from refinery configuration to profit improvement, from Global Refining Business to Big Data and the Use Artificial Intelligence.
In the contemporary refining world, where process technology, profitability improvement, data management, and global business aspects of the industry are inseparably linked, it is vital that all technical staff understand the key business components and trained in varied disciplines. This will unlock the refiner’s technical and business potential, its profitability and reliability.
This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) is unique in that it provides insight into many aspects of operating a modern refinery in the modern world, incorporating processing, optimisation, energy and oil loss reduction, and knowledge management, all in the framework of a truly global business.
The VILT will highlight:
- Crude oils and processing options for a refiner
- Refinery cost structure and cost reduction
- Optimisation and profit margin improvement
- Excellence in yield, energy, oil loss
- Management systems, KPIs, data management, and the use of advanced methods.
By the end of the VILT, the participants will be able to:
- Understand refinery processing options and refinery economics
- Appreciate how crude oil choice, the desired products and the technology interact
- Apply methodology of optimisation and profit improvement in key areas of yield and energy
- Apply the analytical tools to key areas of refinery management
- Explain the use of advanced technologies in refining, control and data processing
- Understand how to achieve and sustain excellence in refining.
This VILT is suitable to all refinery technical personnel, but those that benefit most include:
- Operations’ process engineers and process managers
- Technical services engineers and managers
- Refinery Planners
This VILT is design to use proven learning techniques that ensure understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented:
- Presenter is attuned to participant’s individual situation.
- The ex-cathedra presenting is combined with “show me and involve me” discussion
- The course incorporates workout examples and workshops which are interactive and participative
- The participants are encouraged to bring their own examples to the discussion table
- Basic analytical and simulation tools are developed for this course specifically, which participants can keep and use in their daily work.
Your course leader is currently a Professor at the University of Surrey (UK) and Chief Technologist at Imubit, a Houston-based AI start-up, where he is responsible for the development of AI applications in refineries. Before that, he worked for 23 years at KBC Process Technology (UK), as Principal Consultant in the field of refinery optimisation and profit improvement. He participated in 65 refinery surveys world-wide, which produced hundreds of millions of dollars of benefits.
He is a renowned authority in the field of refinery process optimisation. He has published over 30 technical papers, conducted numerous refinery training courses worldwide, and chaired sessions and panel discussion at major international refining and petrochemical conferences.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
A very good course content, covering a wide range of topics. Recommended for optimization and production team in HQ and refineries.
Planning Executive, PETRONAS
It was a good class, a fantastic lecture and a great program.