About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
By 2050 global electricity demand will more than double requiring some 12’000 GW of new power generation capacity out of which three quarters will be renewables. In the last decade, an overall investment of some US$ 1.5 trillion were flowing globally into the renewable energy sector by far outpacing investments into the fossil fuel power sector. In most regions of the world electricity produced by solar, wind and hydro projects are already the most cost competitive solution as of today. Adding to this the arrival of batteries, hydrogen and innovative financing is creating the bread for disruptive business models and new market players along the power value chain. Electricity position itself as the “fuel” of the future with the global energy transition in full swing.
This course will help you to understand the specific economics around the various renewable energy technologies and how to structure financing for a successful business case.
The VILT will be enriched by using additional materials in form of spreadsheets, articles, online tools or video clips to show real world case studies. Significant time will be dedicated to case studies and group work in order to enhance application of new knowledge and leverage experiences between delegates.
- Understanding and comparing various renewable energy technologies
- Understand renewable economics and business models
- Identify, evaluate and allocate key risks in a project finance context
- Review and use a renewable financial model
- Assess risk and return issues for both debt providers and equity investors
- Hands on exercises and group work to apply knowledge and leverage experience
- Zooming in and out from concepts, to project and industry context
- Analyse business cases from around the world and understand their economics
- Blending technical, financial and legal elements in a straight forward way
- Comprehensive understanding of the battery value stack and revenue streams
- Project developers and Sponsors
- OEM manufacturers, EPC contractors and O&M service providers
- IPPs, Utilities and Grid operators
- Private Equity & Institutional Investors
- Development finance institutions and Commercial lenders
- Legal, Technical and Insurance Advisors
- Government officials and Regulators
- Oil & Gas upstream companies
- Petrochemical and Process industry companies
- Corporate procurement and Contract managers
- Business developers and Sales Managers
This course will be conducted in Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) format.
Participants will receive access to a shared cloud folder with in-depth background reports, articles, bookmarks, templates and tools in electronic format.