About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This 5-day Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) is designed to provide you with a thorough knowledge and understanding of the surface equipment, downhole tools, applications and operational contingencies for most Rigless Interventions techniques used in Oil & Gas wells worldwide. You will be provided with first-hand knowledge of what can be achieved without a rig on site.
Explore and learn the real advantage that a Rigless Intervention can offer in terms of cost effectiveness, minimal deferment, real time data and the ability to perform these operations on a “live” well. This course will use real examples and exercises from around the world.
- Rigless Interventions is performed on a “live” well, ensuring the reservoir will not be damaged with kill fluids.
- Many new technologies allow slickline to perform at a fraction of the cost compared to traditional e-line methods
- Coiled Tubing is more cost effective than hiring a rig and can perform many operations much quicker
- HWO units are getting more focus as they have smaller footprints, less people and again options to enhance well performance without killing the well.
Understand the basic types of Rigless Interventions, the specific operations that can be performed and the risks and rewards associated with these opportunities.
Key areas focused-on during this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT):
- Understand the common applications of Slickline, non-conductive braided cable and e-line (logging cable).
- Learn the configuration of a basic wireline toolstring and how it is manipulated.
- Understand the common applications of coil tubing and gain an understanding of basic coil tubing BHAs
- Acquire an appreciation for the types of operations that can be carried out with coil tubing.
- Understand the common applications of HWO and explore the types of operations that can be carried out with HWO.
- Exploit new technologies in overcoming well integrity challenges
Invaluable for all personnel that are involved in the “Well Life Cycle” and require to have a working knowledge of Rigless interventions. Designed for professionals in the oil & gas industry who are involved in the design, construction and operation of wells from the following disciplines:
- Completion Engineering
- Drilling Engineering
- Production Operations
- Production Technology
- Subsurface Engineering
- Well Integrity Engineering
- Well Intervention
Your course leader has nearly 40 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry. During that time, he has worked exclusively in well intervention and completions. After a number of years working for intervention service companies (completions, slickline & workovers), he joined Shell as a well service supervisor. He was responsible for the day-to-day supervision of all well intervention work on Shell’s Persian/Arabian Gulf platforms. This included completion running, coil tubing, e-line, slickline, hydraulic workovers, well testing and stimulation operations. An office-based role as a senior well engineer followed.
He was responsible for planning, programming and organising of all the well engineering and intervention work on a number of fields in the Middle East. He had a brief spell as a Site Representative for Santos in Australia before joining Petro-Canada as Completions Superintendent in Syria, then moved to Australia as Completions Operations Superintendent for Santos, before returning to Shell as Field Supervisor Completions and Well Interventions in Iraq where he carried out the first ever formal abandonment of a well in the Majnoon Field. While working on rotation, he regularly taught Completion Practices, Well Intervention, Well Integrity and Reporting & Planning courses all over the world. In 2014, he started to focus 100% on training and became the Technical Director for PetroEDGE.
Since commencing delivering training courses in 2008, he has taught over 300 courses in 31 cities in 16 countries to in excess of 3,500 participants.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
This training provides a good way to have a clear understanding of intervention issues and problems. Lesson learned on priority on all operations.
Well Intervention Supervisor, Talisman Malaysia
Good training. Very hands-on.
Well Intervention Supervisor, ConocoPhillips Indonesia
A beneficial and informative training course.
Engineer, Bumi Armada
Great experience sharing and learning.