About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
Identifying and correcting the root cause of failures in boilers and steam power plant equipment is essential to help reduce the chance of future problems. A comprehensive assessment is the most effective method of determining the root cause of a failure. For example, a tube failure in a boiler is usually a symptom of other problems. To fully understand the root cause of the failure, one must investigate all aspects of boiler operation leading to the failure in addition to evaluating the failure itself. When a boiler tube failure occurs, the root cause of the failure must be identified and eliminated.
This 5 half-day VILT course starts by providing an in-depth understanding of root cause analysis methodology. This includes how to identify the problem, contain and analyze the problem, define the root cause of the problem, define and implement the actions required to eliminate the root cause, and validate that the corrective actions prevented recurrence of the problem. Many practical examples on how to apply root cause analysis for various industrial problems are discussed in detail.
The VILT course then provides an in-depth explanation of all failure mechanisms that occur in steam power plants including corrosion, erosion, creep, cavitation, under-deposit attacks, stress corrosion cracking, hydrogen embrittlement, flow accelerated corrosion, etc. This course also provides a thorough explanation of all the failure mechanisms that occur in boilers and steam power plant equipment including steam turbines, condensers, feedwater heaters, etc. The symptoms of the failures, possible causes, components typically affected and solutions are also provided in this course. This includes boiler waterside, fireside and general boiler failure mechanisms as well as all the causes and prevention of all steam turbine failures, condensers, and feedwater heaters. The course also includes detailed study of many case histories of failures in boilers, steam turbines, condensers and feedwater heaters.
- Root Cause Analysis Methodology: Understand root cause analysis methodology including: identification of the problem, defining the problem, understanding the problem, identification of the root cause of the problem, providing corrective action, and monitoring the system.
- Applying the Root Cause Analysis Method to Industrial Problems: Learn by studying many practical examples how to apply the root cause analysis method to various industrial problems.
- Damage Mechanisms in Boilers and Steam Power Plant Equipment: Gain a thorough understanding of all the damage mechanisms that occur in boilers and all steam power plant equipment including turbines, condensers and feedwater heaters. These mechanisms include corrosion, erosion, flow accelerated corrosion, stress corrosion cracking, creep, under-deposit attack, cavitation, hydrogen embrittlement, etc.
- Symptoms of Failures in Boilers and Steam Power Plant Equipment, Possible Causes, Components Typically Affected, and Solutions: Learn about all the symptoms of failures in boilers and steam power plant equipment including steam turbines, condensers, and feedwater heaters, their possible causes, components typically affected and proven solutions.
- Case Histories of Failures in Boilers, Steam Turbines, Condensers, and Feedwater Heaters: Learn by studying many case histories how failures occur in boilers, steam turbines, condensers, and feedwater heaters and the corrective actions taken to deal with them.
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
- Basic or Foundation
The VILT will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 1 x 10 minutes break per day, including time for lectures, discussion, quizzes and short classroom exercises.
Additionally, some self-study will be requested. Participants are invited but not obliged to bring a short presentation (10 mins max) on a practical problem they encountered in their work. This will then be explained and discussed during the VILT. A short test or quiz will be held at the end the course.
The instructor relies on a highly interactive training method to enhance the learning process. This method ensures that all the delegates gain a complete understanding of all the topics covered. The training environment is highly stimulating, challenging, and effective because the participants will learn by case studies which will allow them to apply the material taught to their own organization.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.