This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course has been developed to provide insights into this exiting phase of LNG usage; as marine fuel and delivering natural gas to smaller and/or previously inaccessible locations and markets.
It will evaluate and compare distribution networks, choices and limitations of vessel size, cargo containment and the need for fit-for-purpose transfer systems, operational procedures and processes, including cargo quantity and quality determination and documentation. It will review vessel operations, training and certification standards, the interface with fixed and floating terminals, the legislative and day-to-day operations criteria to ensure safe and reliable deliveries.
The VILT course will cover developments in global Supply & Demand for LNG, its Pricing and how Environmental Legislation is affecting choices of marine fuel and propulsion systems and the extent to which LNG can meet these new and stringent criteria. Learning Modules will compare the deal economics of ocean-going cargoes with the challenges of the “Last Mile” delivery in the small-scale supply chain, how this affects costs and thus comparative fuel/energy pricing.
- Understand – The technological and economical challenges of small-scale LNG bunkering
- Learn – The key components of LNG freight and overall delivered costs
- Appreciate – How technological developments affect transport economics
- Develop – Confidence in managing a diverse and short-term cargo supply chain
- Explore – The next phase in LNG market growth, e.g. intermodal transport
- Discuss – Queries and challenges, e.g. the long-term viability of LNG as marine fuel
Executives and Leaders that require a fast but comprehensive overview of this fast-growing market that is expected to undergo exponential growth for the foreseeable future.
• In the process it will not only feature many new suppliers and vessel owners / operators, but above all, attract non-traditional customers as well as require a wide range of service providers globally.
• The course will also appeal to those in ancillary industries and support sectors who wish to understand their client’s activities and needs better:
- Bunker Suppliers
- Ship owners / managers
- Training and Service Providers
- Finance / Law
- Auditors and Regulators
- Port Authorities
- Terminal Operators
- Equipment Manufacturers
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day. Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
Highlights of this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course
- An understanding of the unique and costly infrastructure required for LNG Production, Transport and Distribution
- The pros and cons of LNG as Marine Fuel in the context of different pathways to comply with the IMO 2050 GHG Emission Reduction Targets
- Requirements for Quality & Quantity determination and Custody Transfer Documentation
- CAPEX and OPEX drivers for coastal, barge vs ocean going LNG Carriers
- Training & Certification requirements and divergence by vessel size and location
- Global, National, Local and Industry rule-making and quality governance systems
- Unit Cost vs. Daily Value (TCE), Operations Applications, Idle Time and Demurrage
- Charter Party formats and key LNG specific clauses
- Commercial Disputes and their resolution
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
I am satisfied with all of the contents and sources related to this class. Thanks for giving us a good chance to learn more about the LNG bunkering business
Overseas Project General Management Team Legal Counsel, KOGAS
It was a really good chance to understand the LNG bunkering business. This program provides a basic but at the same time deep knowledge regarding the LNG bunkering. I'd like to recommend this program to the starters of LNG bunkering business