About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course provides a sound review of Subsea Pipeline Engineering in compliance with engineering and regulatory requirements. It is highly interactive and takes the form of lectures and case studies. On completion of the training course, participants will have a solid understanding of the main issues that comprise Subsea Pipeline Engineering from conceptual and detailed designs, construction, installation, operations and maintenance.
Objectives of this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
- Explore the latest techniques used to design, construct, install and operate subsea pipelines and their associated facilities.
- Discover the necessary aspects of subsea pipeline engineering essential to effective pipeline implementation and operations.
By the end of this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT), participants will be able to:
- Codes and standards used in Subsea Pipeline Engineering
- The main technical decisions required in design phases for new pipelines
- Pipeline materials, fabrication and installation methods
- Commissioning and pipelines operations, including maintenance and integrity management
- Pigging and chemical treatment requirements
- Inspection, maintenance and repair programs
- Subsea pipeline intervention methods
This VILT is intended for engineers from oil & gas companies, construction companies, pipe and service suppliers and regulatory authorities, who are newly qualified, have recently moved into pipeline engineering or hold broad responsibilities that include pipelines.
This VILT will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total)
Your expert course leader is a Ph.D. Metallurgical Engineer with advanced expertise in asset integrity management of oil & gas production facilities, corrosion control, materials selection, chemical treatments, pipeline pigging, inspections, fitness-for-service evaluations, failure analysis and related consulting. He has 30 years of experience working for BP in Asia and South America, Amoco in the US and four years with Applus-Velosi in Southeast Asia.
Practical Work Experience:
- AIM consultant with focus on Southeast Asia operations and clients
- Direct technical interface with clients on Velosi services
- Technical consultant for ongoing regional contracts and lead roles as auditor, instructor or facilitator
Main clients have included the following organisations:
BP and Vico Indonesia, Pertamina Offshore Northwest Java and West Madura Offshore (Indonesia), NCSP (Vietnam), ADCO-OPCO (Abu Dhabi), Thang Long (Vietnam), Exxon-Mobil (Malaysia) and Mubadala Petroleum (Indonesia).
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.