About this Training Course
The Topside processing systems carry out a number critical functions, such as separating oil & gas, generate power, provide living quarters, facilitate water or gas injection and carry critical safety, drilling and related production equipment.
All these equipment and its functions are packaged into the modules which make up the whole topsides processing plant. The equipment must work safely and effectively under a range of conditions including start-up and bad weather conditions at the field location.
This 3 day training course will demonstrate how these equipment are integrated in the layout on the facility deck. It is illustrated with FPSO process equipment, but is not limited to such systems.
Upon completion of the training, learners will be able to: –
- Understand the different types of Reservoir Fluids and their typical properties
- Provide examples of processing specifications of the reservoir fluids for export or disposal
- Provide an understanding of the functions of the main topsides processing and supporting utility system and the different process modules
- Discuss the differences of the particular needs of a processing plant on a fixed platforms and moving deck
- Examine the stages in commissioning the topsides equipment
- Gain insight on a number of existing topsides facilities
Any person involved in the offshore oil & gas industry who wishes to learn more about topsides processing. This could include:
- Field Development Engineers
- Offshore Facilities Engineers
- Offshore Asset Manager
- Offshore Construction and Design Engineers
- Offshore Equipment Engineers
- Topsides Fabrication Engineers
- Offshore Operations or Production Engineers
- Offshore Project Managers
- Oil Industry Finance and Insurance personnel
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
The trainer was extremely knowledgeable in the different installations around the world. His expertise is greatly appreciated.
Offshore Operations & Safety Inspector, Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, USA
Great introductory course for offshore oil and gas production systems topsides.
Supervisory Petroleum Engineer, Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, USA
Production Inspector, Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, USA
The training material is comprehensive and well prepared.
Ops Engineer, Enquest
This program is suitable for the beginner in the SPSO Industry.