About this Training Course
This intensive 5 full-day has been designed as a separately bookable course comprising 3 days of Well Integrity (Basic) and 2 days of Advanced Well Integrity.
The intensive 3 full-day course will equip the participants with a thorough knowledge of well integrity management and risk assessment in producing assets. Based on the regulatory requirements and using real examples and exercises from around the world, this represents best practice integrity management within the oil and gas industry.
When to take action with a well is a critical decision, both from a safety and economic perspective. A consistent approach to decision-making provides certainty within the organisation, focusing effort, and spending wisely. The decision-making steps will be set out to ensure all critical aspects are captured consistently. Risk analysis approaches used by different organisations and examples of risk management and risk-ranking methods will be discussed.
The 2 full-day course will deepen the participants’ knowledge of well integrity management, and skills for designing, operating, and maintaining well equipment. The ultimate goal is to optimise productivity at the lowest Unit Operating Cost (UOC) and to maintain mechanical integrity throughout well life cycle.
Well Integrity management is looked at in three distinct stages. The first stage is during the well design which includes material selection, engineering design, cement design, coating and inhibitors and cathodic protection. The second stage is monitoring the well during the life of the well, locating possible leaks and / or loss of metal. The last stage is to manage and control any well integrity issues using specialised products, services and techniques.
1. Well Integrity Training:
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Define the building blocks of a successful well integrity management system
- Develop an approach to risk management, understand risk analysis and methods applied across the industry
- How do we “Make Wells Safer”, learn about emerging technologies for well integrity problem diagnosis and new techniques available to “repair” the issues
- Execute the basic elements of well integrity management training for field operators
- Evaluate well design elements that enhance or hinder well integrity status definition during the operating phase of the well life-cycle
- Gain the demonstrable benefits of well integrity management from field experience
- Review cases studies and discuss them to enhance knowledge and take on board lessons learned
2. Advanced Well Integrity:
- Define well integrity well categorization based on compliance to the barrier policy outlined in the regulations and develop an approach to risk management
- Discuss well-completion design and construction to create a “integer” well with the lowest life cycle maintenance cost from a WIM perspective
- Monitoring and surveillance of well integrity, focusing on barrier competence such as cementing and corrosion
- Investigate and manage well integrity issues, causes & potential solutions
- Understand repairs needed to address “Loss of Well Operating Envelope”
- Gain an overview understanding of Well Suspension & Well Abandonment
- Discuss further case studies as well as conduct a post course test
Invaluable for production, operations, and integrity professionals involved in implementing & managing well integrity and seeking to improve performance. It is also essential for those who need to develop and implement such systems, or who have a general need to know and understand more about well integrity management. The course will also provide a fresh approach for senior professionals and managers. Designed for professionals in the oil and gas industry who are involved in the design, construction and operation of wells from the following disciplines:
- Production Maintenance
- Production Operations
- Drilling Engineering
- Safety engineering
- Well Intervention
- Well Integrity Engineering
- Asset Management
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information post training support and fees applicable
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
Good course and case study discussion
Senior Engineer – Drilling & Completion, Reliance Industries Limited (E&P)
It was a good experience. Relevancy with job description was very high and practical knowledge will help further in improvements inside the organization
Petroleum Engineer (Operations), MOL Pakistan Oil and Gas Co. B.V.
Well-experienced trainer with a lot of knowledge, analogy and experience shared in order to meet the participants' understanding
Well Integrity Engineer, Hibiscus Oil & Gas Malaysia Limited
A good course which gave a 360 degrees view on Well Integrity Management, taught by a well experienced trainer. This is definitely a MUST-ATTEND course for Well and PT Communities
Production Technologies, PETRONAS Carigali Iraq Holdings
The course is a must for anybody serious about promoting well integrity leadership
Well Integrity Engineer, SPD LLC
Well Integrity Management presented in a highly effective manner including covering of day-to-day real situations. The experience sharing between trainer and participants is excellent
Well Integrity Engineer, Talisman Malaysia
Full of knowledge. Expert Course
IT Well Data Controller, Occidental Oil and Gas International
Excellent course for “Well Integrity Management” and excellent teaching skills