About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
Gas-lift is one of the predominant forms of artificial lift used for lifting liquids from conventional, unconventional, onshore and offshore assets. Gas-lift and its various forms (intermittent lift, gas-assisted plunger lift) allows life of well lift-possibilities when selected and applied properly. This VILT is designed to give participants a thorough understanding of gas-lift technology and related application concepts.
The course covers main components, application envelope, relative strengths and weaknesses of gas-lift and its different forms like intermittent lift, gas-assisted plunger lift. Participants solve examples and class problems throughout the course. Animations and videos reinforce the concepts under discussion.
- Hands-on usage of SNAP Software to solve NODAL exercises
- Discussion on digital oil field
- Machine learning applications in gas-lift optimization
After the completion of this VILT course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental theories and procedures related to Gas-Lift operations
- Easily recognize the different components of the gas-lift system and their basic structural and operational features
- Be able to design a gas-lift installation
- Understand how digital oilfield tools help address ESP challenges
- Recent advances in real-time approaches to the production monitoring and lift management
This VILT course is suitable and will greatly benefit the following specific groups:
- Production, reservoir, completion, drilling and facilities engineers, analysts, and operators
- Anyone interested in learning about implications of gas-lift systems for their fields and reservoirs
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
- Understanding of petroleum production concepts
- Each participant needs a laptop/PC for solving class examples using software to be provided during class. Laptop/PC needs to have a current Windows operating system and at least 500 MB free disk space. Participants should have administrator rights to install software.
- Intermediate to Advanced level
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
One of the best instructors. Very knowledgeable and professional, kind, funny and very understandable. Thank you very much.
Senior Petroleum Engineer, Kuwait Oil Company
This training was very helpful. I learned a great deal and provided the right depth and background on each form of lift so that I could be familiar with many different forms as I encounter them throughout my career.
Production Engineer, Repsol
The course content was very interesting and he covered all lift methods and discussed topics/challenges relevant to horizontal wells at length.