About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This 5 half-day course provides detailed description of all the tuning methods for all the control systems used in pulverized coal boilers, circulating fluidized bed (CFB) boilers, cyclone boilers and stocker boilers. This course provides a comprehensive explanation of all boiler control systems including drum level feedwater control, fuel and air control, oxygen trim control. steam temperature control, combustion control, purge control, flame monitoring and tripping system as well as their tuning methods.
- Boiler Control Systems Tuning Methods: Gain a thorough understanding of all boiler control systems tuning methods for pulverized coal boilers, CFB boilers, cyclone boilers and stoker boilers
- Boiler Control Systems: Gain an in-depth understanding of all boiler control systems including drum level feedwater control, fuel and air control, oxygen trim control, steam temperature control, combustion control, purge control, and flame monitoring and tripping system
- Boiler Control Strategies: Learn about boiler control strategies including feedback, feedforward, cascade, and ratio control
- Tuning Methods: Gain a thorough understanding of boiler control systems tuning methods including Ziegler Nichols and Ciancone tuning methods
- Boiler NFPA 85 Code (Boiler and Combustion Systems Hazards Codes) and American National Standard Institute/Instrument Society of America Code (ANSI/ISA-77-44-01-2007 Code): Learn about NFPA 85 code and ANSI/ISA-77-44-01-2007 code
- Burner Management System and Boiler Permissive Starting Logic and Protective Tripping Logic: Gain an in-depth understanding of burner management system and boiler permissive starting logic and protective tripping logic
- Boiler Efficiency Calculations: Learn how to calculate the boiler efficiency using the direct and indirect methods
- Factors Affecting the Efficiency and Emissions of Boilers: Understand all the factors which affect the boiler efficiency and emissions
- Methods Used to Improve the Efficiency of Boilers: Learn about all the methods used to improve the efficiency of pulverized coal boilers, CFB boilers, and stoker boilers including improvement to their combustion efficiency and control systems performance
- Boiler Instrument and Piping Diagrams: Gain an in-depth understanding of all boiler instrument and piping diagrams
- CFB and Pulverized Coal Boilers Equipment and Systems: Learn about various types of equipment and systems used in CFB and pulverized coal boilers including economizers, steam drum, superheaters, air preheaters, ammonia injection systems, etc.
- Boiler Tuning Case Studies: Gain a thorough understanding using real case studies how optimization of boiler tuning can improve combustion stability as well as efficiency and performance of the boiler
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
- Basic or Foundation
The VILT will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 x 10 minutes break per day, including time for lectures, discussion, quizzes and short classroom exercises.
Additionally, some self-study will be requested. Participants are invited but not obliged to bring a short presentation (10 mins max) on a practical problem they encountered in their work. This will then be explained and discussed during the VILT. A short test or quiz will be held at the end the course.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
Great 5 days training. We can learn very important issues for combustion process. Simple exam on important points to summarize the topics
Mechanical Supervisor, PT. Pembangkitan Jawa Bali
Great seminar held for a week, simple exam to check how much I have learnt and also as a summary of the important points for each chapter
Engineer, CLP Hong Kong
It's a wonderful training. Speaker's knowledge is excellent. I would highly recommend my colleagues to join
Engineer, CLP Hong Kong
The course was very informative. We've learned a lot. The trainer is excellent in discussing all the topics
Superintendent, GN Power Mariveles
Highly recommended especially for Performance Engineers!
HR Supervisors, Kepco Ilijan Corporation
The course was very informative. I learned a lot that could help me in my job, specially in operating the boiler more efficiently. The trainer delivered the course in an organized way so that it was much easier for us to understand