About this Training Course
This comprehensive 5-day training course covers the fundamentals of communication systems and solutions critical for upstream operations in modern oil and gas sites. As oil and gas operations become more complex and distributed, reliable and robust communication systems are essential for efficient operations and safety.
By completing this course, engineers will have the expertise to design, implement, and troubleshoot communication systems for oil and gas operations. Robust connectivity is critical for functions like SCADA, telemetry, asset tracking, subsea communications, and more. As oil and gas sites become more automated, engineers need an in-depth knowledge of how these communication systems work together to enable safe and efficient upstream operations.
- Deep understanding of the difference between Backhaul and Onsite Comm
- Communication Systems Fundamentals
- Different Building Blocks of Modern Wireless Communication Systems. – Discrete and Continuous Signals in Communication Systems.
- Modulation and Demodulation Techniques for Wireless Systems.
- Robust knowledge and understanding of Satellite Communication SATCOM Systems, including;
- SATCOM System Link Budget and Operating Frequency Bands
- SATCOM System Performance Parameters and Design Considerations
- Mastering different Standards of Cellular Communication Systems, mainly LTE
- Advantages and Potentials of Microwave and Optical Fibers-based Systems for Backhaul Comm
- Vigorous Knowledge of Wireless Communication and Network Standards for Onsite Communication Applications.
- Case Study: IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi Networks
- Introduction to Mesh Radio Communications.
- Integrating these novel concepts into overall Solution for Oil and Gas Upstream Comm
- Electrical and communication engineers
- IT and telecommunication engineers
- Process Engineers
- Mechanical and Equipment Engineers
- Project Engineers
The training instructor relies on a highly interactive training method to enhance the learning process. This method ensures that all participants gain a complete understanding of all the topics covered. The training environment is highly stimulating, challenging, and effective because the participants will learn by case studies which will allow them to apply the material taught in their own organization.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information post training support and fees applicable