About this Training Course
The growth in size, numbers of ships and volumes of LPG transported in the last decade has been continual and steady, despite the pandemics and geopolitical tensions. The global LPG production has grown by 5.75% in 2021 as per WLPGA Report. This 2 full-day course highlights the latest developments in Voyage and Time Charterparties Charterparty Forms for LPG Tankers. The focus is how to give up the old habit of using ASBATANKVOY Form and make best use of LPG vessels specific Charter Party Agreements and avoid the ambiguity of dormant clauses when using legacy Charter Party Forms for Oil Tankers.
This course and workshop is exclusively developed and regularly updated “by and for” the professionals, engaged in niche segments of LPG Tankers (Ship Owners, Charterers, Terminal Operators and Brokers) for LPG related cargoes. Whether freight rates are high or inadequate to meet daily running costs of a vessel, the terms of engagement or the Charterparty must be reviewed microscopically. One must ensure that all risks are well apportioned and appropriately mitigated. The number of intermediaries, multi-party transactions, Bills of Lading for multiple parcels, impose new and unknown risks for LPG Tanker Owners and Stakeholders in the Value Chain.
“Each Clause of the Charterparty should be drafted in context of the Vessel Capability, Number of Parties, Purpose and the Nature of the Cargo, taking into consideration present and future Sanctions, Pandemics and Geopolitical Tensions!”
In this workshop, the participants will be able to acquire new expertise from real life experiences with new CPA Forms, enabling them to deal better with the contemporary challenges, facing Gas Export, Import and transportation by LPG Tankers.
This course can also be offered through Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) format.
Upon completion of this course and hands-on workshops which are based on real life cases, the delegates would have enhanced their knowledge base and be able to:
- Gain familiarity with and benefits of using latest LPG Specific Charterparty Forms.
- Restructure the Charter party agreements with alternative clauses to avoid pitfalls and surprises during execution in a turbulent economic environment.
- Evaluate impact of uncertainties, banking restrictions, currency controls, embargoes and identify undefined parameters with cost considerations.
- Appraise potential risks in Bill of Ladings and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Enhanced consciousness about the rider clauses and commercial impact of each such addition.
- Ability to deal with breakdowns, contaminations, and delays in an appropriate and timely manner, with an objective of avoiding loss of time and deviations, from the desired monetary projections.
- Manage contentious situations through alternative dispute resolution channels and litigation effectively.
Unique Features of this Enhanced Course Curriculum:
Some of the key topics addressed in this intensive workshop are:
- Clause-by-Clause Analysis of ASBGASVOY and GASTIME Charterparty Form with SHELLTIME, BPVOY, ASBATANKVOY, BPTIME in context.
- Contemporary Risks Identification, Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies.
- Criteria for computation and allocation of idle time
- Inexplicit measurement criteria for Lay time and Demurrage Claims
- Implication of SIRE and Obligations of the Owners
- Invoking Termination Clause for a Cause and/ or Convenience vs Continuation
- Can the delays in damage repairs be considered as a breach?
- Apparent or real risks of piracy, social unrest, or rhetoric of wars
- Sanctions and Restructuring of the current Charterparty
- Tank Cleaning Costs and Risk of Contaminants
- How much time and cost can a Charterer pay for tank cleaning and disposal of toxic slops, cooling of tanks and ROB?
- Liabilities of Charterers for debris / damage caused by a cargo
- Liability of Terminal Operators and service providers in causing contaminations
- Performance Obligations of the Parties as per the Charterparty Agreement
- Charterer’s Obligations, Bunkers, and Boil-off Gas Limits
- Owner’s Obligations and Liabilities, ROB, Limits of Cargo Loss
- ASBAGASBILL, Electronic Bills of Lading and Responsibility Assignment Matrix
This is a “must attend” course for:
LPG Gas traders, LPG Tanker Owners, Charterers, Brokers, Terminal Operators and Senior Executives holding key management position as Director, General Manager, Commercial Manager, Business Development Manager, Legal Counsel, Post-Fixtures Manager, Fleet Manager, Marine & Technical Superintendent, and Middle Level Manager marked for succession planning.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information post training support and fees applicable
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
PetroEdge is really a great platform to continue professional development in maritime and shipping
Chartering and Operation, Atro International FZE, UAE
This training course exceeded my expectations. The course leader is very effective and answers our questions in a simple and easy-to- understand manner. One word, ‘Superb’.
Marine Captain, Sarawak Shell
The course has been made successful specifically because of the experience, knowledge, and patience of the trainer.
Group Legal Counsel, Amsbach Marine Singapore
The course leader is a good consultant and very professional and knowledgeable, he raised my interest in knowing more about maritime laws.
Senior Buyer, Bibby Offshore
Superb presentation by the trainer. Definitely a Guru!
Head of Marine Audit, Icon Offshore
Knowledgeable and experienced trainer. A very practical approach to understanding OSV chartering & CP Management.