About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
Health & safety awareness, maritime knowledge and efficiency are the necessary foundations for tank terminal and marine operations. This has led to an increasing demand for certified and trained Loading Masters for tank storage terminals, FPSOs and refineries. The challenging tasks include mastering the art of loading and unloading activities and carrying the responsibilities that come with it.
This 5 half-day highly interactive and practical Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course will assist petroleum products, crude oil, and chemical terminals in achieving a competitive advantage by having an effective and well managed operation. This will ensure your operational processes and workforce perform up to the highest standards and expectations achieving a competitive advantage.
This VILT course will enable participants to master the operational best practices and apply a structured approach to marine terminal management of the ship shore interface.
At the end of this VILT course, participants will be able to:
- Identify improved procedures for the handling, loading and discharging of LNG cargoes
- Learn updated international guidelines and regulations concerning tankers and terminals including physical properties and types of cargoes
- Increase their operational efficiency for oil storage and transport
- Become aware of Quality & Quantity risk & loss and learn prevention techniques
- Improve compliance, safety and environmental performance
- Understand pumps and pipeline systems including tanker loading and discharge operations
- Become a Master of Loading / Unloading
This VILT course is designed for anyone with immediate responsibility for loading, discharging and care in custody transfer or handling oil and cargoes, especially oil and gas operators, vessel owners and operators, surveyors and marine superintendents.
The profile of participants may include those from:
- Supply Chain – Personnel involved in crude oil and products transhipment, chartering, shipping, finance, quantity measurement and accounting, cargo operations, planning, scheduling, including management who did not have a chance of working ‘in the field’.
- Energy and Logistics – Ship-brokers, traders, shipping agents, claims departments staff, loading masters, cargo inspectors, surveyors, demurrage departments, marine insurers, charterers, ship-owners handling biofuel, crude oil, oil products, chemical or mineral resource enterprises.
- Administrative and Non-Operational office staff who lack ‘hands on’ practical experience. Illustrated by photographic material and true live situations taken from our international experience, this VILT course will help them to vividly imagine operational reality by discussing and solving ‘real time’ daily issues.
- Oil & Gas Industry Management responsible for safe and effective cargo custody transfer and handling.
Please note that this course in NOT intended for LNG or LPG Terminals.
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
Your expert course leader is a committee member of the Dutch Branch of the Energy Institute. He has worked for over 35 years as a CEO, Terminal Manager, Marine Cargo Expediter and Loss Prevention Advisor around the globe including Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Antwerp for a number of clients such as Shell, BP, Exxon, Pertamina, Q8 Petroleum, Gulf Nederland, Vopak, Cargill, Amfert, Mobil and Petroplus.
He holds a Master’s degree in Business Ethics & Social Responsibility and teaches that a safe, sustainable and profitable business can thrive only when people choose and act ethically and are willing to learn. He set up sustenance4all, a thinktank researching sustainable business methods to ensure human well-being and the preservation of the environment. In 2020 he founded the Tank Storage Sustainability Initiative.