About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This course is designed to provide an introduction and deliver a basic understanding of the Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) process and where it fits into a holistic, integrated Asset Management System.
The course will guide participants through the rationale and basic techniques, demonstrating how the FMEA process can assist and/ or improve Reliability by building Reliability and Integrity, leading to selecting the most cost effective and appropriate product and techniques that will optimise the new assets performance.
At the end of the course, participants will be aware of the changing business environment and the need for continuous improvement, particularly the need to improve safety, reduce cost, and minimise environmental footprint by focusing on risk management. They will develop an appreciation of a holistic Asset Management Program, and know where the FMEA process fits in and the benefits it will deliver. They will develop the competencies to carry out successful FMEAs and introduce the process in a sustainable manner into their company’s Asset Management Process. They will also understand the importance of teams and having an appreciation of each team member’s role and responsibilities.
All participants will complete detailed pre-course questionnaires before course commencement, enabling the trainer to tailor course content in order to meet specific participant needs. Participant objectives are re-visited before, during and after the course, allowing us to focus on outcomes and address any participant concerns and specific issues during the program.
- More reliable equipment and plant operation.
- A structured approach to identify operational risks associated with equipment failure, causes and consequences.
- Significant reduction in plant downtime resulting in improved plant availability.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the business case for FMEA implementation.
- Develop an awareness and understanding of the FMEA process and the benefits obtained.
- Understand the steps in implementing and sustaining an FMEA program.
- Understand how FMEA fits into an integrated Asset Management Program.
- Understand the differences between qualitative and quantitative approaches to FMEA.
- Understand the practical requirements for FMEA implementation.
- Obtain the benefits of an effective team environment and the required skills to facilitate the FMEA process.
- Monitor and control the FMEA process and ensure actions are delivered.
- Implement measures to ensure gains are implemented and maintained for continuous improvement.
FMEA is primarily a team activity and as such it benefits from a cross functional team participation. This course is aimed at Managers, Engineers, Inspectors, Technicians and Operators at all levels who are responsible for the operation and maintenance of plant equipment and who will benefit from understanding the risks on their unit, mitigation of this risk and ensuring resources are more effectively utilised, thus ensuring the integrity of plant and equipment and the safety of personnel.
The VILT will be delivered online in 3 full days, comprising 8 hours per day.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.