About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This VILT will provide a comprehensive understanding of the various types of mechanical seals and other methods of sealing rotating equipment including conventional packing, condensate injection sealing, and floating seal rings. This course will focus on mechanical seals including their classification, balanced and unbalanced mechanical seals, stationary and rotating mechanical seals, single or double mechanical seals, industrial mechanical seals, U-type mechanical seals, double mechanical seals, tandem mechanical seals, bellows seals, and installation of mechanical seals.
This course will also provide detailed description about the installation of mechanical seals, pre-installation checks, environmental control of mechanical seals, and the reasons for mechanical seal failure, remedies and refurbishment.
- Various Methods of Sealing Rotating Equipment: Gain a thorough understanding of the various methods of sealing rotating equipment including stuffing box packing, condensate injection sealing, floating seal rings, labyrinth seals, wind back scroll or wind back seal, lip seals and mechanical seals
- Mechanical Seal Classification and Types: Understand thoroughly mechanical seals classification and types including balanced and unbalanced mechanical seals, stationary and rotating mechanical seals, single or double mechanical seals, industrial mechanical seals, U-type mechanical seals, double mechanical seals, tandem mechanical seals, and bellows seals
- Installation of Mechanical Seals: Learn about the installation of various types of mechanical seals
- Environmental Control of Mechanical Seals: Gain a good understanding of the reasons for environmental control of mechanical seals
- Centrifugal Pump Mechanical Seals: Learn about centrifugal pump mechanical seals including basic components, seal balance, face pressure, pressure-velocity, power consumption and temperature control
- Mechanical Seal Failure Causes and Their Remedies: Examine all the causes of mechanical seal failures and their remedies
- On-Site Failure Analysis of Mechanical Seals: Gain a thorough understanding on how to perform an on-site failure analysis of mechanical seals
- Inspection of Mechanical Seal Components: Learn how to perform inspection of mechanical seal components
- Corrosion and Erosion of Mechanical Seal Components: Examine the description, symptoms, causes, and corrective actions of corrosion and erosion of mechanical seal components
- Mechanical Seal O-ring Compression Set, Extrusion, Thermal Damage, Cuts, Tears, Nicks, and Explosive Decompression: Understand the description, symptoms, causes and corrective actions of o-ring compression set, extrusion, thermal damage, cuts, nicks, and explosive decompression
- Mechanical Seal Rotating and Stationary Face Distortion, Erosion, Carbon Blistering, Heat Checking and Vaporization: Understand the description, symptoms, causes and corrective Actions of mechanical seal rotating and stationary face distortion, erosion, carbon blistering, heat checking and vaporization
- Refurbishment of Mechanical Seals: Gain a thorough understanding of all the modern refurbishment methods of mechanical seals
- Case Studies of Mechanical Seals in Pumps and Compressors in power generation and Petro-Chemical industry: Several case studies of mechanical seals in compressor and pumps will be explained thoroughly
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
The training course was excellent and trainer was outstanding
Assistant Foreman Maintenance, MOL Pakistan Oil and Gas Co. BV
Excellent training! Like the videos and materials of training course