About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
The most valuable asset in ensuring the protection and reputation of your site, the environment and your staff from pollution incidents are your spill responders. It is critical that spill responders and HSE professionals are aware of legislation changes and enhancements made in spill prevention products. Emergency responder staff training can greatly influence the effectiveness of your sites spills prevention strategy, use of equipment and response plan.
Chemical spill awareness is therefore essential in your workplace and this VILT course reinforces that the best way to avoid chemical spills is to prevent them occurring and also teaches you and your team essential response techniques if the loss of containment does occur.
After the completion of this VILT course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic terms associated with chemical releases and explain the terms “containment” and “confinement”
- Recognize where spills are likely to occur and develop work practices that can prevent spills from occurring
- Define the aims and objectives of spill control
- Identify procedures and actions to take when discovering or responding to a spill of hazardous materials or waste
- Fully understand the roles and responsibilities of emergency responders
This VILT course is for Management, Supervisors and Employees who use chemicals, produce chemicals, come into contact with chemicals, or sell chemicals as part of their daily working life and who all need to be aware of the correct safe procedures to react to a chemical spill effectively and efficiently. This VILT course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Plant/Operations Personnel, Shift Supervisors & Shift Team Leaders
- Laboratory Personnel
- Emergency Responders
- HSE, Fire and Security Personnel
- Those who may be required to respond to workplace incidents of a possible or actual release of a chemical
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.