About this training course
This 5 full-day course provides a comprehensive understanding of all the commissioning and start-up activities of all electrical equipment including transformers, switchgear, induction and synchronous motors, generators and auxiliaries. All commissioning activities are covered in detail in this course. This includes all the commissioning procedures and documents, purpose of commissioning, responsibilities, system description, documentation, testing and commissioning schedules, test reports, safety, certification, and plant completion report. The course provides also a thorough understanding of all the commissioning requirements for transformers, switchgear, induction and synchronous motors and, generator and auxiliaries including its switchgear equipment, switchgear, and transformers.
All the stages of the commissioning procedure are covered in-depth in this course. This includes preparation – planning various activities, pre-commissioning checks and tests, typical commissioning schedule, detailed tests and commissioning procedures for every type of transformers, switchgear, induction and synchronous motors, and generators and auxiliary systems, instrumentation, trial run of the equipment, safety and precautions, commissioning of electrical systems, Safety Rules Clearance Certificates, procedure for the control and handling of defects, Commissioning Reports.
This course is a MUST for anyone who is involved in the pre-commissioning or commissioning of any electrical equipment because it provides detailed pre-commissioning checks and tests and detailed tests and commissioning procedures for every electrical equipment. In addition, the course provides in-depth coverage of all preparation, planning activities, commissioning schedules, trial run of each electrical equipment, safety and precautions, Safety Rules Clearance Certificates, Procedures for handling defects, and Commissioning Reports.
- Pre-Commissioning Checks and Tests, Detailed Tests and Commissioning Procedures and Instructions for all Electrical Equipment: Gain a thorough understanding of all pre-commissioning checks and tests, and all commissioning procedures and instructions for all electrical equipment
- Commissioning Procedures, Documents, and Certification of Electrical Equipment: Discover the benefits of the Commissioning Management System of electrical equipment including all commissioning procedures and documents, purpose of commissioning, responsibilities, system description, documentation, testing and commissioning schedules, test reports, safety, equipment certification, and commissioning completion report
- Commissioning Procedures for Transformers: Learn about the commissioning procedures for transformers including functional checks, pre-commissioning tests, commissioning tests, and records.
- Commissioning Procedures for Switchgear Assemblies: Gain a thorough understanding of all the commissioning procedures for switchgear assemblies including substation commissioning, electrical testing, code requirements, safety rules, grounding and shorting, high power testing, NETA acceptance testing procedures, test values analysis, and commissioning forms
- Commissioning Procedures for Generator and Auxiliaries: Discover all the commissioning procedures for generator and auxiliaries including generator, seal oil system, hydrogen gas system, stator water system, rolling and payment of generator
- Commissioning Procedures and Instructions for Generator Electrical Equipment: Learn about all the commissioning procedures and instructions for generator electrical equipment including switchyard equipment, switchgear, transformers, and motors
- Code Requirements for Commissioning Electrical Equipment and Systems: Learn about the code requirements for commissioning transformers, switchgear, inductions and synchronous motors, and generators and auxiliaries
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
- Basic or Foundation
Your specialist course leader relies on a highly interactive training method to enhance the learning process. This method ensures that all participants gain a complete understanding of all topics covered. The training environment is highly stimulating, challenging, and effective because the participants will learn by case studies which will allow them to apply the material taught to their own organization.
Each delegate will have the access to the following materials written by the instructor:
- “ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT HANDBOOK” published by McGraw-Hill in 2003 (600 pages) – supplementary (read only)
- ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT COMMISSIONING MANUAL (includes practical information about all pre-commissioning checks and tests, typical commissioning schedule, detailed tests and commissioning procedures and instructions for all electrical equipment – 500 pages)
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information post training support and fees applicable