About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
The Oil and Gas industry is recognized as one of the most hazardous occupational sectors in the world. The safety of infrastructure, workers and processes are imperative and any incident should be approached with a serious commitment. Therefore, emergency response management in the Oil & Gas industry play a crucial role in corporate integrity and reputation.
There has been an increase in the range of potential incidents and emergencies which could affect, disrupt, or stress production. If managed appropriately then not all of these incidents will be critical or could be classified as a crisis, but those which result in substantial losses, or put increased demand on the organisation will have severe consequences for the company, the company’s stakeholders, the country and the reputation of all those involved in the response. This VILT course will teach you that meeting the commitment involves more than just being fully prepared.
After the completion of this VILT course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the attributes between Incidents, Emergencies and Crisis in the industry
- Develop methods on how to avoid unnecessary escalation & how to design command & control response to each scenario
- Learn how to enhance on-scene leadership capabilities and techniques
- Apply best practice in organizing Emergency Communications Centre (ECC), Emergency Response (ERT) and Crisis Management Teams (CMT) to their best advantage
- Analyse the importance of human factor, the means to ensure the best psychological readiness, resource allocation, deployment, discipline and leadership.
The advanced nature of this VILT course will prove beneficial to the Oil & Gas industry particularly those with responsibility for either planning for or responding to incidents, emergencies and crises across the complete management spectrum.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Ministry or Government Regulators
- Fire, Safety and Security Professionals
- Operation, Asset and Facility Professionals
- Risk, Marketing and Insurance Professionals
- Designated Incident, Emergency and Crisis Response Professionals
- Line Managers and Supervisors and other professionals wishing to appraise their comprehension of Emergency Response
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
Your expert course leader is a successful Senior Consultant with a number of UAE based training companies sharing his extensive 30 plus years’ experience in the preparation and exercising of Emergency Response, Safety, Security and Crisis Management plans and procedures. Initial chosen profession was in telecommunications management, air traffic control and training with the RAF, Royal Saudi Air Force and with UK Police. A second career evolved as a Risk and Emergency Planning Manager for UK Government and then being selected as a Health & Safety Auditor of Petro-Chemical sites within the EU.
An experienced, dynamic and passionate speaker, he has delivered hundreds of motivational speeches, keynote addresses and presentations to most industry sectors, as well as to thousands of clients and stakeholders on crisis management, emergency response, security, occupational health and safety related topics in the EU, Middle and Far East. Recently managing his own successful UK consultancy he now advises Oil, Gas, and chemical companies plus governments on how to operate safely, plan for, and respond to disasters from whatever cause.