About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
Switchgear is also known as an electro-mechanical equipment or device used to close and open circuit. It is designed and manufactured to operate in various mode of operation, manually, semi-auto or fully automatic, suitable to the required application.
This course aims to provide understanding of the fundamentals on how to read and interpret the electrical schematic diagram, electrical safety at switchgear and transformers, as well as earthing system at the facilities.
Delegates will gain a detailed appreciation of the following:
- Helps with the understanding of the operations, maintenance, and appropriate trouble response to power syste equipment, with a detailed knowledge of and the ability to read and interpret electrical schematic diagram
- Understand the electrical safety at switchgear, apart from electrical switching work and awareness on Regulations and Acts related to Energy Commission, Malaysia
- Understanding the importance of earthing system at facility, and practical knowledge of earthing ground test using test kit
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
Our key expert is the Founder of a consultation firm based in Malaysia, who is actively involved in electrical competent person inspection, energy audit, energy efficiency and technical consultation for M&E maintenance activities for industrial and commercial sectors.
He is involved in testing and commissioning works of factory substations up to 132kV system. Previously, he has worked with 2 700MW Jimah coal-fired power plant, Port Dickson, for 9 years with his last position being Electrical Maintenance Section Head. He was involved in the commissioning of coal-fired power plant mainly with 500kV generator transformer, 934 MVA generator, and up to 33kV MV motors and switchgear panels.
Our key expert has managed the maintenance team to perform routine maintenance activities (together with supporting tools such as motor lube oil analysis, infrared thermography analysis, transformer oil analysis) & electrical troubleshooting and plant outages for critical and non-critical equipment.
Besides that, our key expert has published several IEEE conference papers and journals such as:
- Gopinath, S, (2009). Effectiveness of auxiliary system monitoring & continuous hydrogen scavenging operation on hydrogen-cooled generator at power plant. In Energy and Environment, 2009. ICEE 2009. 3rd International Conference on (pp. 151-160). IEEE.
- Gopinath, S. (2010). Study on electric motor mass unbalance based on vibration monitoring analysis technique. In Mechanical and Electrical Technology (ICMET), 2010 2nd International Conference on (pp. 539-542). IEEE.
- Gopinath, I.S. (2012). Re-Design of AC Excitation Busduct based on Infrared (IR) Thermography: Condition-Based Monitoring (CBM) data analysis. eMaintenance, 101.
- Gopinath, S. (2016). Energy Saving Studies for a University Campus: An Educational-Based Approach, 3rd International Conference on Language, Education, Humanities and Innovation 2016.
- Subramani, Gopinath, et al. “Grid-tied photovoltaic and battery storage systems with Malaysian electrcity tariff – A review on maximum demand shaving.” Energies 10.11 (2017): 1884
- Subramani, Gopinath, et al. “Techno-Economic Optimization of Grid-Connected Photovoltaic (PV) and Battery Systems Based on Maximum Demand Reduction (MDRed) Modelling in Malaysia.” Energies 12.18 (2019): 3531
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.