About this Training Course
The loss of problem solving skills in oil exploration occurs when specialists in a given project become isolated in their work, mainly due to the advanced nature of their disciplines. The breakdown in communication and potential problem-solving capabilities impacts the overall success in the project.
This case study driven training course aims to provide a mechanism to overcome barriers and facilitate collaboration, coordination, cooperation and co-creation between the disciplines. We need to step back and rediscover the analytical methods at our disposal and learn how they can be used to solve the problems that we face in exploration and production studies through critical thinking
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- have deeper understanding of the value and limitations of the main data types in the industry, namely: potential fields geophysics, seismic data, log data, core data, and well test and production data.
- Apply decision-tree analysis, which will enable us to systematically and logically evaluate the financial costs
- Find the benefits of different technical choices and determine the relative values of utilising different interpretative methods, at each stage of the workflow.
- Understand the logical connections between interpretative approaches
- Be more systematic in choosing the most appropriate techniques to apply to the problems at each stage of the interpretive workflow.
- Familiarize with the wide range of data types and methods available
- Understand the value of these methods to their study aims and objectives
- Know how to integrate these methods with their own work
- Know who to contact to leverage these technical methods
- How to use Decision Tree Analysis to systematically evaluate cost / benefits of technical decisions regarding the utilisation of these methods
- Learn the soft skills for critical thinking
The course has been designed to appeal to all subsurface disciplines and managers with a technical background, this includes geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists, and engineers. The focus of the course is interdisciplinary integration, so all disciplines will have something to contribute and the opportunity to learn more about other disciplines.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
Very useful tips/knowledge sharing which can be used in future jobs.
Manager (Geoscience), PCSB
Very good course that geoscientist should have it during their early career.
Geologist, JX Nippon
Provide the participants with a holistic view in conducting evaluation from Basin to Prospect to development not only on E & g part but also interdisciplinary approach.