About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course covers the design of systems for natural gas handling and treatment from the wellhead to the gas processing plant to achieve marketable products that meet desired product specifications.
This VILT course will emphasise on field handling equipment and separation systems, dehydration, fluid measurement, sampling and analysis, introduction into reciprocating and centrifugal compressors. It will comprise interactive presentations including exercises/quizzes.
At the end of this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course, participants will be able to describe and explain the following:
- Gas processing principles of dehydration (water removal) by absorption, adsorption, refrigeration and low temperature separation (JT effect) and basic associated equipment
- Gas processing in-depth by absorption using glycol and glycol properties. (Pre- Cooling requirements, Dew Point control and related processes). Glycol regeneration including principles of stripping, DRIZO and Coldfinger
- Process equipment involved for water removal by absorption. (Knock out drums; Contactor – absorber and internals, heat exchangers, re-boilers, pumps, filters and glycol storage)
- Principles of gas metering and types of meter (Measurement Units (MJ, BTU, nM3, scf and conversions)
- Typical gas contracts & sales specifications
- Gas pipeline operations
Production and processing personnel involved with natural gas and associated liquids to acquaint or reacquaint themselves with gas conditioning and processing unit operations. This VILT course is for Production Operations Engineers, Operations Field Supervisors, Facility Engineers, Process Engineers, Design Engineers, operations personnel and others that select, design, install, evaluate or operate gas processing plants and related facilities.
Your expert course leader has more than 25 years of accumulated experience in the Oil & Gas Industry, particularly in LNG / Offshore LNG Industry as Project Manager (8 years) and Process Technology Design (12 years). From 2010 to 2012, he worked for TOTAL E&P as Manager of R&D activities related to LNG, FLNG, Gas Treatment and Safety Engineering. From 1992 to 2010, he worked for Technip, spending 12 years (1992 to 2004) in the Process and Technology Division, where he was the Principal Engineer on gas treatment and LNG projects such as Yemen LNG and Nigeria LNG. From 2004 to 2010, he was actively involved in the development of Technip Offshore LNG technologies as Project Manager – several patents filed, author or co-author of different publications on LNG transfer technologies.
He has also been a member of:
- the Foreign Advisory Committee on the 2nd Trondheim Technology Gas Conference, Norway, 2-3 November 2011
- the Steering Committee on the SPE Forum “Economic and Sustainability Challenges in the Future Development of Sour Gas”, Bali, Indonesia, 8-13 May 2011
- The Technip “Experts Network” as “Main Expert – LNG” for several years
He holds a “summa cum laude” master’s degree in Chemical Engineering from Rome University “La apienza” (1992) and has been a member of the Italian Register of Engineers.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
The training was exactly as per the topics and agendas, covering the total technical aspects of the subjects and knowledge satisfaction for those who are eager to learn about the Gas processing science
Engineering Consultant, Citec Engineering India Pvt. Ltd
Good class, recommended!
Petroleum Engineer, Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement
Class was perfect at covering basics
Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement
The course was very useful, informative and caters to both new and experienced engineers.
Programmer Production / Planner, Mubadala Petroleum
Good to understand better an overall process.
Operations Integrated Scheduler, Sarawak Shell Berhad
Course/training is very beneficial to the operations team, especially those who operate glycol system.