About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This 5 half-day Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course will assist energy professionals in the planning and operation of a power system from renewable energy sources. The VILT course will discuss key operating requirements for an integrated, reliable and stable power system.
The unique characteristics of renewable energy are discussed from a local, consumer centric and system perspective, bringing to life the ever-changing paradigm in delivering energy to customers. The course will explore the technical challenges associated with interconnecting and integrating hundreds of gigawatts of solar power onto the electricity grid in a safe and reliable way.
With references to international case studies, the VILT course will also demonstrate the state of the art methodologies used in forecasting solar power. The flexibility of the invertor-based resources will facilitate higher penetrations of photovoltaic, battery electricity storage systems and demand response while co-optimizing customer resources. The contribution of inverter-based generators that provides voltage support, frequency response and regulation (droop response), reactive power and power quality with a high level of accuracy and fast response will be addressed.
Furthermore, this VILT course will also describe how microgrids’ controllers can allow for a fully automated energy management. Distributed energy resources are analyzed in detail from a technical and financial aspect and will address the best known cost based methodologies such as project financing and cost recovery.
Upon completion of this VILT course, participants will be able to:
- Learn about renewable energy resources, their applications and methods of analysis of renewable energy issues.
- Review the operational flexibility of renewable energy at grid level, distribution network and grid edge devices.
- Understand and analyze energy performance from main renewable energy systems.
- Get equipped on the insights into forecasting models for solar energy.
- Predict solar generation from weather forecasts using machine learning.
- Explore operational aspects of a complex power system with variability from both the supply & demand sides.
- Manage the impact of the design of a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) on the power system operation.
Engineers, planners and operations professionals from the following organizations:
- Energy aggregators who would like to understand the system operations of renewable energy power plants
- Renewable energy power system operator
- Energy regulatory agencies who aim to derive strategies and plans based on the feedback obtained from the power system operations
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, including time for lectures, discussion, quizzes and short classroom exercises.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.