About this Training
This 2-day workshop follows on from the Tripod Beta bronze level course, it gives the rules and guidelines relating to how a Tripod Beta investigation and analysis is performed. This silver level workshop provides the opportunity to apply this knowledge to one of your own incidents which helps to place the theory into the context of your own workplace.
Participants will have a much-improved report that is
(1) easier to understand;
(2) more thorough;
(3) considering human behaviour, the role of the person in charge of the workplace and leadership qualities;
(4) links underlying causes directly to the way in which you manage risk; and lastly
(5) produces corrective actions that are long lasting, far reaching and considers what is currently being done.
Quality throughout all aspects of Tripod is assured by the Stichting Tripod Foundation (STF) and the Energy Institute.
Tripod Beta Practitioner Accreditation is meant to build these skills, through a blend of support, coaching and assessments. Feedback is provided on Tripod incident investigation reports, giving the Practitioner the opportunity to hone their skills and become confident in their ability to use Tripod effectively.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Produce a report that meets the Stichting Tripod Foundation’s silver level, assessment criteria
- Act as an investigation team leader on a low-level incident
- Plan and schedule activities for an incident investigation
- Focus line of enquiry during an investigation
- Engage with the most relevant people at each stage of the investigation
- Produce incident causation paths that reveals weaknesses in your management systems
- Incorporate issues relating to leadership, person-in-charge of the workplace, worker participation and human behaviour in the analysis
- Apply process to any type of unwanted event that should have been prevented by a management system e.g. health, safety, environment, financial, security, productivity, quality, project management etc.
- Combine the findings from many incidents with data from other initiatives e.g., audits and inspections, to spot trends to prioritize actions and product a single improvement plan
The course is recommended for anyone who is expected to play a role in designing, reviewing, auditing, and following your organizations OH&S management system. Successful participants will be awarded the Stitching Tripod Foundation Tripod Beta Bronze certificate. The following oil & gas company personnel will benefit from the knowledge shared in this course:
- Team Leaders
- Legal, insurance and finance departments
- Senior Managers (Line and Function)
- Maintenance Engineers
- Quality Assurance Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Incident Investigators (Team member & Tripod facilitator)
- Project Managers
- System Custodians
- Technical Authorities
- Key Contractor’s Management
- Contract Managers/Holders
- Safety Representatives
- Risk Management Engineers
- HSE Advisors
- Person in charge of the workplace
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information post training support and fees applicable
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
Excellent examples of real-life situations.
Petronas Malaysia KL
Course was a good balance between quizzes, group work and lecturing.
I enjoyed the course. It has developed my knowledge and understanding of incidents and unwanted events.
Well presented in a professional manner.