About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
The design of Balance of Plant (BOP) components has become an essential part of wind turbine and farm development as wind energy systems continue to grow. The BOP refers to all the infrastructure required to support the overall operation of the farm in between wind turbines.
Crucially, BOP design has a big role in the overall viability and profitability of wind farms, accounting for a large share of wind farm expenses and maintenance requirements. Effective energy transmission, dependable grid connections, and accessibility for maintenance workers are all made possible by a well-designed balance of plant, all without incurring unnecessary expenses from “over-building.” The main components of the wind farm BOP are access roads, substations, energy cabling, transformers, operations buildings, and more.
Participants will learn how to optimize the design of a BOP specifically for wind energy systems. The design choices will be influenced by elements such as utility interconnection information, soil conditions, climate, and turbine configuration. Participants will be able to examine substation electrical components, choices for grade cabling, road material and width criteria, and cost considerations in cable design.
Participants will demonstrate how wind farm BOP design necessitates a trade-off between dependability, safety, maintainability, and construction/operational costs through a case study analysis. Combining design best practices that meet several conflicting restrictions is the aim. Wind farms can lower lifecycle costs and generating inefficiencies to increase the economics of wind power with careful BOP engineering guidance.
This course will be delivered via Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) over 2 half-day sessions, comprising of 4 hours per day. Course Duration: 8 hours in total, 8 CPD points.
By the end of this 2 half-day sessions, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the principles underlying the operation of wind turbines.
- Identify the essential components of a typical utility-scale linked wind farm’s design.
- Acquire understanding of the wind farm balance of plant, with a focus on the main electrical components of the HV substation and MV collection system.
- Expand the total integration of wind farms, incorporating AC coupled BESS.
- Evaluate the commercial, scheduling, and procurement aspects of the project.
- Wind Energy Engineers who directly involved in the design, development, and implementation of wind energy projects.
- Electrical Engineers and Designers who working in electrical systems, especially those relevant to wind farm infrastructure.
- Project Managers who overseeing the planning, execution, and completion of wind farm projects.
- Procurement Specialist who involve in sourcing and acquiring the necessary materials, equipment, and services for wind farm projects.
- Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Professionals who responsible for the ongoing operation and maintenance of wind farm infrastructure.
- Civil Engineers and Construction Electrical leads who involve in the design and construction of foundations, and other civil engineering aspects of wind farms.
- EPC Contractors who hired by project owners or developers to take on the responsibility of delivering a complete, ready-to-operate facility or system.
- Energy Planners and Analysts who involved in strategic planning and analysis of energy needs and sources, with a focus on wind energy.
- Renewable Energy Consultants who involve in providing advisory services related to the renewable energy sector, specifically wind energy.
- Professionals who interested in the technical and theoretical aspects of wind farm balance of plant design.
- Utilities and Power Grid Professionals who working in the broader energy industry, including power grid management and integration.
- Course material will be provided for future reference.
- Each topic begins with a statement of the intended learning outcome (LO).
- Activities such as quizzes, videos and assessment will be incorporated.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information post training support and fees applicable