About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This Virtual Instructor Led Training is designed for in depth understanding of inspection of pressure vessels and equipment under operation as per API 510.
This preparatory course will prepare inspectors to ensure pressure vessel integrity in service. Practical aspect of design considerations, sizing, rating, pressure vessel integrity, internal inspections, analysis, repair, pressure testing, and protection shall be discussed.
The VILT shall also provide more information about types of defects which may crop in during operation, repairs and welding. This will prepare the participants in ensuring good quality of pressure vessel, safety in operations and effective incident prevention.
The VILT will include instructions, guidelines and orientation to:
- Understanding engineering issues of pressure vessel and assessing the quality control requirements of equipment in operation.
- Understanding of the pressure vessel integrity management stages and procedures.
- Understanding the possibility of defects creeping during construction and detecting of defects using proper inspection and NDT.
- Understanding Inspection and monitoring processes, Interpretations, repairs and maintenance and reporting.
This course is designed to train individuals who are interested in Inspection of pressure vessel as per their Design Codes (Referring ASME BPV Code Sec VIII and API 510) and other relevant API standards.
After undertaking this VILT, pressure vessel Inspectors will be able to understand:
- Inspectors responsibilities,
- Personal and general pressure vessel safety
- Environmental and personnel safety control
- General pressure vessel construction, repairs and maintenance Inspection Procedures
The preparatory course will assist engineers in successfully appearing for Pressure vessel Inspectors Certification Examinations (for API 510) conducted by API at intervals.
The VILT has been designed for Pressure Vessel Engineers/ managers, Quality Control and Technical Supervisory Personnel, Personnel responsible for implementing integrity management programs of process equipment, Project managers, Operation and Maintenance Engineers.
Your expert course director has over 30 years of experience with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd in operations, engineering & management (1984-2014) in various facilities, such as lube oil blending plants, liquid storage terminals, process plant of COLAS SA of France JVC & in mechanical engineering maintenance functions & asset integrity management.
- Experienced as Operations Manager leading plant operations & engineering teams at a major lube oil blending plant manufacturing 80 grades of lubricants, packaged in 32 types of packages, made available at 18 depots in Southern India. Orchestrated the complex supply chain and improved profitability and delivery performance of the plant. Imparted technical training in best practices to field staff in managing assets, safety & profitability. Well versed with storage tanks, piping, related codes and standards, work permit systems & management of works in confined space, etc. (2007-2014).
- Experienced as Terminal Manager, leading port terminal operations management at Cochin, India, guiding the operations and engineering teams to excel in performance and upkeep of large tankages, 6 km long pipeline from jetty to terminal, ensured asset integrity and augmented facilities to enhance performance and profitability of the business unit. Managed all aspects of the business performance of the unit, trade unions, and customer service levels, costal movements of cargo, emergency management and compliance in the state of Kerala, India. (2004-2007).
- Head Engineering & Projects, leading multi-disciplinary project teams for timely completion of retail projects in the Belgaum region, Karnataka state. Managed concurrent projects at multiple sites and contributed for the volume growths in this region.(2003-2004).
- Experienced as Plant manager with Hindustan COLAS Ltd (JVC of COLAS SA of France), manufacturing of bitumen emulsions, modified bitumen, managed the whole unit for profitability and performance, upkeep of plant facilities, expansion & augmentation project activities, introduced new products and gave a new direction to the company reduced operating costs significantly that resulted in increased margins for packed products. (2001-2003).
- Prior experience with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd in Plant engineering, start up, maintenance of static assets, inspection, of pressure vessels, pumps, piping, storage tanks, loading rack facilities, siding, jetty facilities, major turnaround overhauls, reputed in the company as an expert in storage tanks. (1984- 2001).