About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This course will provide a comprehensive understanding of all the best operation practices for a hydro-electric power plant. The design and operation of a hydro-electric power plant and all its equipment are covered in detail in this course. The main focus of the course is on the best practice guidelines to optimize the performance of every equipment in the hydro-electric power plant. This includes turbine, governing system, transformers, generator, instrumentation and control systems.
- Best Operation Practices for Hydro-Electric Power Plants: Gain a thorough understanding of the best operation practices for hydro-electric power plants
- Hydro-Electric Power Plant Design and Operation: Learn about hydro-electric power plant design and operation
- Optimization of Hydro-Electric Power Plant Performance to Meet International Standards: Learn all the methods used to allow hydro-electric power plants to meet international standards of performance
- Optimization of Hydro-Electric Power Plant Equipment Performance: Understand all the techniques used to optimize power plant equipment performance and allow them to meet international standards
- Optimize hydro-Electric Power Plant Management: Learn the methods used to optimize hydro-electric power plant Management
- Automation and Upgrades Required for a Hydro-Electric Power Plant: Gain a thorough understanding of all the automation and upgrades required for a hydro-electric power plant to improve its performance
- Hydro-Electric Power Plant Upgrade to a Computer-Based Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA): Understand how to upgrade a hydro-electric power plant to a computer-based SCADA
- Using Advanced Algorithms to Optimize the Generator Efficiency: Learn how to use advanced algorithms to optimize the generator efficiency
- Best Practices for Reliability, Monitoring and Maintenance of a Hydro-Electric Power plants: Understand all the methods used to improve the reliability, monitoring and maintenance of hydro-electric power plants
- Optimization of Hydro-Electric Power Plant Performance by Selecting Specific Operating Parameters: Learn how to optimize hydro-electric power plant performance by selecting the most efficient load, maximum sustainable load, fixed turbine flow, headwater/tailwater elevation control, load following/automatic generation control, condensing reactive power control, automatic load reduction and reinstatement for temperature considerations
- Hydro-Electric Equipment Diagnostics: Learn in detail all the required diagnostic techniques for all critical components of hydro-electric power plant equipment such as turbines, governing systems, transformers and generators
- Hydro-Electric Power Plant Equipment Testing: Understand in detail all the tests required for the various types of hydro-electric power plant equipment
- Hydro-Electric Power Plant Equipment Maintenance and Troubleshooting: Determine the best maintenance and troubleshooting activities required to minimize hydro-electric power plant equipment downtime and operating cost
- Hydro-Electric Power Plant Equipment Repair and Refurbishment: Obtain a detailed understanding of the various methods used to repair and refurbish all hydro-electric power plant equipment
- Efficiency, Reliability, and Longevity: Learn the various methods used to maximize the efficiency, reliability, and longevity of all types of hydro-electric power plant equipment
- Protective Systems: Obtain a detailed understanding of all protective systems required for different types of hydro-electric power plant equipment
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
The VILT will be delivered online in 5 sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day, including time for lectures, discussion, quizzes and short classroom exercises.
Additionally, some self-study will be requested. Participants are invited but not obliged to bring a short presentation (10 mins max) on a practical problem they encountered in their work. This will then be explained and discussed during the VILT. A short test or quiz will be held at the end the course.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.